Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: space and money???
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 4/10/05 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
space and money???

Guys who are building (or Marc)

How long is a vortx approx? I have moved the workshop about and i have plenty of width but only 12' length. vortx should fit ok yeah?

Should have saved enough to actually order the kit in a month or two

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

lsdweb

posted on 4/10/05 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent news Liam!

My experience is that no matter how big it is it's never enough (garage's I mean!)

Don't forget the offer to come and have a gander is always open.

Wyn

G.Man

posted on 4/10/05 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
Guys who are building (or Marc)

How long is a vortx approx? I have moved the workshop about and i have plenty of width but only 12' length. vortx should fit ok yeah?

Should have saved enough to actually order the kit in a month or two

Cant imagine for one minute its over 12 feet...

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

Triton

posted on 4/10/05 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
you been peeping

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 5/10/05 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
wyn,
yeah really excited now gonna get the engine sorted with the throttle boddies in the next week or so

Triton,
don't understand, what do you mean?

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

smart51

posted on 5/10/05 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
I think the vortx is about 3.3 metres long which is more or less 11 feet. Without the nosecone it is closer to 10 feet. You might just manage.
marc n

posted on 5/10/05 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
10 foot 9 inches from back panel lower edge to front wheels ( car running on 15 inch alloys, and 11ft with nosecone fitted

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 5/10/05 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
hi colin welded up your manifold yesterday, what angle do you want the silencer to run at so i can do the link pipe, i.e straight so it follows the front section of the side panel or angled so it follows the line of the cockpit area of the side panels

best regards

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
smart51

posted on 5/10/05 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
hi colin welded up your manifold yesterday, what angle do you want the silencer to run at so i can do the link pipe, i.e straight so it follows the front section of the side panel or angled so it follows the line of the cockpit area of the side panels

best regards

marc

With a bend in it so it follows the side panel of the cockpit please!

Winston Todge

posted on 5/10/05 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
When the link pipe has got the bend in it would the exhaust gases exit onto the wing Marc?

Or do you put a bigger and longer bend in the end pipe now?

Just curious after the orange R1 seemed to 'warm' the rear nearside arch a little?

Any piccies of the exhaust?

Thanks mate,

Chris.

marc n

posted on 6/10/05 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
its not ideal, but the exhaust has to have a 90 degree outlet, so you are losing some flow as well as the kinked link pipe ( but it is for road use dont forget)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.