Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: G F.O.S
omega 24 v6

posted on 1/11/08 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
G F.O.S

What the best tickets. Admission only or roving grandstand??? Oh and a brief expalnation of why.
Also any ideas on locations to stay would be helpfull.
As usual thanks in advance.

Ooop ETA festival of speed. (trying to hide this from someone)

[Edited on 1/11/08 by omega 24 v6]

[Edited on 1/11/08 by omega 24 v6]

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

speedyxjs

posted on 1/11/08 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Isnt that in july?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

MikeR

posted on 1/11/08 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
yeah i think so, with revival in late august (something i keep promising myself i'll go to so i'm interested in the answers for that)
omega 24 v6

posted on 1/11/08 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
yep 3,4,5 of july

russbost

posted on 1/11/08 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
There are only 2 grandstands worth paying for IMHO. The one on the outside of the first corner (opposite the Kinara centre), think it's called Club.
The other is further up the hill on the outside of a left hander a little way b4 the flint wall - can't remember its name it was new last year & we used it - best place on the hill.
If you go on Friday, I wouldn't worry too much about grandstand, just get a ground ticket & be prepared for some serious walking - DO NOT MISS the rally stage, absolutely brilliant.
I went on Fri & Sun last year, ground ticket fri, grandstand Sun.
Sat & Sun you do really need to have grandstand seats as it's so busy & they often sell out by mid/end Dec!!!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
omega 24 v6

posted on 1/11/08 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Ok Russbost. So I need to watch which grandstand is which then. How many are there?? Never been before.

bob

posted on 1/11/08 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
According to an old brochure i have for 2007 their was 8 grandstands,the one next to the Kinrara enclosure is called "park grandstand" but i am sure there was one on the other side of the track as russ mentioned.Aslo 2 x Paddock grandstands plus 2 x molecombe grandstands 1 x pheasantry grandstand just before the 90 deg bend and up the hill and corner grandstand.I am pretty sure there were more this year but maybe a look on the website will give the info and maps,probably best to check the website for prices too but i do remember this year tickets were £30 for friday and £47 for sat £47 for sunday and you could get 3 days for £94 so basically friday free.

Tourist board is best for where to stay, i would book now though as it will be near impossible to get B&B or hotels around chichester.

I've camped at southern leasure which is about 3 to 4 miles from the festival and a lot cheaper than the campsite on the goodwood estate,also you can only book the goodwood estate campsite if you purchase 3 day ticket.

I'll have a look and see if i have any of the info in my piles of files

bob

posted on 1/11/08 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
southern leisure

Goodwood website

visit sussex link

more sussex links

[Edited on 1/11/08 by bob]

omega 24 v6

posted on 1/11/08 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Wow thanks Bob. Swmbo is impressed with the responses so far.

Fred W B

posted on 2/11/08 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
When I went (in 2005) I stayed at the Chichister local university. They hire out rooms during the uni holidays. Basic, but very cheap with slap up breakfast thrown in. Organized a taxi into goodwood every morning, taxis's use dedicated roads so you miss most of the traffic congestion. In the evening took the dedicated bus back to Chichister for pub supper and then taxi back to digs.

Worked really well for me. I just so happen to have the number of Chichister tourist office here - 01243 775 888

And you will enjoy it, I reckon it's the best thing I've every done with cars.

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

Jonte

posted on 28/12/08 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
good info here

I got flight tickets and to the grand stand as a birthday present a few days ago. Now we are looking for B&B

Click it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Johneturbo

posted on 1/7/09 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
so who's taking there chariot then!?

took mine last year, nearly ground out the nose while parking on the bumpy uneven grass

anyone have a good area to park/aim for?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.