Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Landrover Fuel tank level sender help.
bigandy

posted on 5/4/06 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Landrover Fuel tank level sender help.

Afternoon all.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, but it is fuel related, and sort of ECU related.

I've been looking around for a suitable fuel tank level sender for my car, and I think I have settled on a unit from a Landrover series 2a/3. It looks like it is ideal for fitting into my tank. However, I was hoping that somebody may be able to confirm the method of mounting such a unit (tank cutout size/shape, and how it is held in place).

Secondly, I am intending to make an interface to give a display of the fuel level (on a LCD or maybe as a LED bargraph). Does anyone happen to know what sort of resistance values the landrover unit should have when full/empty?

Finally (and here is the ECU link!) is it possible to damage any components of a fuel injected engine by having the tank run dry? I am wondeirng if linking the fuel tank level sender to the ecu to cut the engine is of any benefit? I'll more than likely not bother with this, but I am interested on a technical level to see if it could be done.

Cheers folks.

Andy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

NigeEss

posted on 5/4/06 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
IIRC it's a round hole about 2 1/2" diam held down with six screws.

Not sure of the resistance, but it can't be too far removed from my 90,
I can measure it tomorrow if you want.

The fuel pumps DO NOT like running dry, I've replaced a couple over the years for that reason.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.