Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt Support Forum (MSEXTRA)
snapper

posted on 24/10/22 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt Support Forum (MSEXTRA)

Are there any alternative forums available for Megasquirt?
I have found that “Megasquirt Support Forum (MSEXTRA)” and particularly the Facebook version seems to run by a bunch of people who have mastered the Manual and feel that all others should have a biblical knowledge of the manual as they do and so respond with either “read the manual” or it’s all in the manual”

I have gone through the manual as best I can and have noted that the Duratec map on my MS differed from the manual so asked for any Duratec base (or tuned) map to do a side by side comparison so I can identify things to research more deeply or to ask about.

With my Megajolt I was able to get copies of different maps and could cross reference across and make some adjustments, with MS Forums it seems that giving out help and info is not that forthcoming.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

coyoteboy

posted on 24/10/22 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not aware of any other forums, and I hate facebook forums.

I'm no expert, but I'm not really sure what your question is - are you just looking for maps to compare against?

chillis

posted on 24/10/22 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Have you tried Extra EFI you may find they can help you out

Never under estimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

snapper

posted on 24/10/22 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
I'm not aware of any other forums, and I hate facebook forums.

I'm no expert, but I'm not really sure what your question is - are you just looking for maps to compare against?

I am looking for Maps to compare to but also a forum where you can ask questions and not just get told to read the manual. Where I am at the moment is not having enough knowledge to ask questions, comparing map to map at least let’s me see if my map has any glaring differences in the sun-menus (I’m talking about all the settings not just the fuel and ignition maps)

I eat to survive
I drink to forget

coyoteboy

posted on 24/10/22 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
It looks like all the MS forums other than msextra have been shut down since 2018.

To be honest, if the msextra forum has progressed to facebook, it's screwed already and the project is pretty much doomed.

This doesn't help you. But if you want to discuss maps, here is probably one of the best places for it. if you have technical questions about it, here might also be a good place to ask.

Sanzomat

posted on 24/10/22 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Might also be worth looking into Speeduino forums? Possibly less set in their ways and both use Tunerstudio and therefore I suspect some of the settings for any given engine will overlap/crossover?
MikeR

posted on 24/10/22 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
I frequent speeduino. Very friendly and helpful, but you're likely to be met with a request for your tune and log files. If you started your after theory they'll help. One thing to consider, so precinct and mega squirt use the same software. But the systems are different. Eg trigger offset of the opposite way round. You can't therefore just transpose something from one system to the other.
James

posted on 25/10/22 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy

To be honest, if the msextra forum has progressed to facebook, it's screwed already and the project is pretty much doomed.

I follow a couple of the se&ens groups and most of my replies to questions are to come ask it here as it's something already asked a bunch of times!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

snapper

posted on 27/10/22 at 05:36 AM Reply With Quote
Update…
I asked for and received a Duratec map from Facebook Duratec forum so have something to compare and can now start to ask specific questions.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.