Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: zetec 2.0 ecu
zzr1100rick

posted on 10/1/06 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
zetec 2.0 ecu

Hi after reading several posts regarding the use of the standard ecu from a mondeo zetec it appears that its a no go WHY ? is there an input thats missing and if so can it be simulated as it works in the car so why not out of it thanks in anticipation Rick
stevebubs

posted on 10/1/06 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Search further in the other sections...I believe it *is* possible to use a standard ECU....details have been published on here before...
stevebubs

posted on 10/1/06 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Using Original Zetec ECU

This this one

[Edited on 10/1/06 by stevebubs]

Mave

posted on 10/1/06 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
I'm using the standard ECU with the 2.0 Zetec. It's almost ready for first start-up, but I haven't got a sump mounted, because it's away for shortening.

It is possible to use the standard ECU, contrary to what most claim (who haven't tried it). Just takes some puzzling with the fuses and relays.

This evening I hooked up the ECU for the first time, and got the fuel pump to work. Happy feeling, as that's a working signal from the ECU.

More info on my site.

Marcel

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zzr1100rick

posted on 10/1/06 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks i will push ahead and get the engine out and the wiring and ecu etc out of the car this weekend if its not raining
i have a pin data book and couldnt see why it shouldnt work only time will tell so fingers crossed all will go ok thanks Rick

garyo

posted on 10/1/06 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
I'm using a Series 3 black top Zetec 2.0 with the existing ECU, and was also warned off trying to use the original ECU.

It's a bit of a pain because there are 42 wire connecting the engine loom to the rest of the car, but I've got the engine running on six of these now, all of which are fairly easy power, switched earth etc. The PATS sensor is only two wires, and means you need to always have the key strapped next to the transponder to get the engine to fire, but I see that as a benefit if I want to leave the car parked up for any length of time. I might even try to fit the transponder to my steering column and join the mondeo key with my exising key.

I had the entire running mondeo to play with, so that I could trace every wire, which made it easier.

Gary

rayward

posted on 11/1/06 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
If you've got the original loom, it should be easy enough to cut off the ecu plug, and connect a megasquirt in.

Ray

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.