Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: gutting cv bike carbs
sebastiaan

posted on 15/1/06 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
gutting cv bike carbs

Hi,

With GSXR TB's going for more then i'd like to pay on ebay, i'm looking at gutting some bike carbs and using those as throttle bodies. I've a spare pinto injection manifold laying around, which gives me a decent mounting position for the injectors (i'd use the standard injectors and fuelrail).

Anyone got a decent set of pictures from bike carbs (an exploded view would be nice).

Sebastiaan

wment

posted on 15/1/06 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
There are other TBs than those for the GSXRs. I just got a set from a CBR600 that have about a 32mm throttle bore. I guess manufacturing a manifold for them is next.......
dnmalc

posted on 15/1/06 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
For the uninitiated are the banks of bike throttle bodies at fixed centres or can they be altered
cryoman1965

posted on 16/1/06 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dnmalc
For the uninitiated are the banks of bike throttle bodies at fixed centres or can they be altered

Carbs come in various castings, single ,twin, and i believe 4s. I am using Carbs from a GSXR 600 S RAD.(Ports are 36mm) They are single castings and i have spaced them out so the centres align to the pinto inlet ports

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.