Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: old mini style rear lights
mad-butcher

posted on 28/3/04 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
old mini style rear lights

hi guys
I know the rear fog and reversing lights on the rear panel have to be upright and if you are using trailer style lights on the rear wings you have to use a stand off but does the same rule apply to the small round old mini style lights or can i mount them straight on the rear wing
tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 28/3/04 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
I take you mean Lucas models 488 and 594 as used on the Mini front flasher apart from anything else I don't think it will work as the bulbhollder & rubber cover goes to far into the wing at least on the model 488.
Markp

posted on 28/3/04 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
mad-butcher

Like this?

Mark Rescued attachment rear.jpg
Rescued attachment rear.jpg

paulf

posted on 28/3/04 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Ive seen a lot of stuart taylors with this style lights and hope that they are ok as i have lucas 488s on the back of mine. The back of the light clears the tyres by about 15mm so should be ok.
See pics in my archive.
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher
hi guys
I know the rear fog and reversing lights on the rear panel have to be upright and if you are using trailer style lights on the rear wings you have to use a stand off but does the same rule apply to the small round old mini style lights or can i mount them straight on the rear wing
tony

paulf

posted on 28/3/04 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Just realised there are no rear view photos , i will try and add some if i get my other pc operational again, as i am in the middle of upgrading it to Windows XP but not having a lot of sucess at moment.
quote:
Originally posted by paulf
See pics in my archive.
Paul.
quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher
hi guys
tony

Markp

posted on 29/3/04 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.
I have the stuart taylor rear arches, Not sure what others are like but I can't see them being much different.

Mark.

Northy

posted on 29/3/04 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Mark,

Just a quick (probably stupid) question, but were the stop/tails ok for SVA?

Cheers

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Markp

posted on 29/3/04 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Northy

Fine mate, Everything regarding the lights passed with no questions asked.
Reflectors were ok too, the good things about the mini style light is that you can replace the yellow/red lenses the the clear type once you have passed the SVA

mark

Northy

posted on 29/3/04 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Mark,

Cheers Yeah I've got a load of them in a box upstairs. I had thought about clear lenses for the indicators (with amber bulbs obviously), but hadn't thought about it for stop/tail, can you get coloured stop/tail bulbs?

Cheers

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Markp

posted on 29/3/04 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
Northy

Suprisingly yes I only found this out when I went to the autojumble at the NEC this year, The bulb is red with the usual two contacts at the bottom, I'll try to post a photo on for you, and find out where you can get the bulbs from.

Mark

Spyderman

posted on 30/3/04 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
You can get the LED replacement bulbs as well which are already red and need a clear cover.

Spyderman

Hellfire

posted on 30/3/04 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
You can buy some clear laquer in red and always paint them yourself... bit of a ball ache as you have to bake them in the oven! But it does work... Motormania sell it for £6 a bottle 1/1000th of a bottle does 10 lenses!!! So it's economical...

Steve @ sVc

posted on 30/3/04 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
Red stop/tail and single filimant bulbs (rear fog) should be readily available - bit purplish but OK.
Not "E" marked so not SVA ok.
We have them @ sVc
regards
Steve

Northy

posted on 30/3/04 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Is that the bulbs that are not 'E' marked? I didn't think they had to be, just the lenses.

Graham

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.