Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pinto EFi wiring, need some background info....
eddie

posted on 27/8/03 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Pinto EFi wiring, need some background info....

Not exactly sure if this should be in the engine forum, but i'm a firm believer in the old phrase 'If its got wires hanging off it, it must be electrical'

Not got a haines book yet, get paid on friday, so here goes.

1, does all the wiring for the EFi disconect as a seperate loom, or do i need to pare back other systems????

2, How many wires do i need to connect up the EFi from a new loom, just +ve, -ve & ign feed or is there more to it????

3, anyone know of any useful links that explain it all????

Please feel free in advance to: correct, update, ridicule or laugh and point at any comments made by myself in this post....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 28/8/03 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
I can only comment on the Cologne EFi system but I assume Pinto is fairly similar. Seems most Sierra engine looms 'plug in' behind the dash through a 9 pin connector. In this there will be an ignition live, earth and 'start' feed and returning through it will be temperature, oil pressure, takeoff from the coil for the rev counter and a feed to the fuel pump relay so the EFi can fire the pump when needed. All the rest can be ignored.

Chris

[Edited on 28/8/03 by ChrisW]

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jollygreengiant

posted on 3/9/03 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
The bulk of the pinto injection loom is seperate to the main loom, infact IIRC (fitted injection system into carb Sierra) the only point(s) where the two system meet are battery and ignition switch (also one possibly round to the alternator I think). The injection loom on the sierra has its own dedicated grommet through the nearside front bulkhead close to the ECU. Just start at the ECU and follow all the wiring to the back and front of the car and away you go.
Hope this helps. I will also try and find a wiring chart I made up locating wire colours/ECU pin No's/component usage.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.