Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2CV Alternator on Pinto!
donut

posted on 1/9/03 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
2CV Alternator on Pinto!

Ok let's see how clever you lot are!!

I have a Citroen 2CV Alternator on my 2litre Pinto due to the small size. I also have the regulator that goes with said alternator.

The Alt has 3 terminals as does the regulator, one of which (the middle one) is earth. I also have a blue spare wire from my Premier wiring loom which is for the alternator side of things.

SO.. the question is... what the hell do i do to connect it all up so it all works.

Thanks VERY much in advance

Andy the donut

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 1/9/03 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
well, theres the obvious earth, a live, and probably one to the dashboard as the warning light. On my 1600 carb pinto, there is another to the choke, though i dont know what it does. dont have a clue about the regulator though...
theconrodkid

posted on 1/9/03 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Donut you really are a donut,it was explained to you ,you obviously wernt listening.i will say this only once.live from ign switch,through ign light bulb,down to reg,out of reg to small terminal on alternator,big terminal goes to battery or starter cable

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Deckman001

posted on 1/9/03 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks John, I'll bear that in mind when he calls me round !!
Jason

ned

posted on 2/9/03 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
donut, YOU CHUMP!!

Ned.

ps see you sunday?

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
donut

posted on 3/9/03 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
John... I love you and i want to have your babies!

I could'nt remember what you said before (brain-sive-you know!!)so i have printed you reply out and Jason is poised with his wire cutters!!

cheers

THE donut

P.S. Ned.....thanks for the kind remarks, consider yourself crossed off my list for passengers!!! LOL

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Deckman001

posted on 3/9/03 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
It sparked !! Well it it did in the right place and not where it shouldn't have !
Oh for a drop of fuel and an exhaust !!

Jason

donut

posted on 4/9/03 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
I'm working on it Jason, i'm working on it!!!

Very exciting having the engine turn over for the 1st time. Can't wait to fire it up now

THanks for all you help Jason... much apreciated!!

Andy

P.S. I'm picking up my exhaust on Sunday, i just got the word from Martin. WAHEY!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 4/9/03 by donut]

Andy

bob

posted on 4/9/03 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
So you wont be at newlands then

donut

posted on 4/9/03 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Bob

I'll definately be at Newlands. If i was home i would not get near my garage! The wife will probably have a long list of things for me to do!!!

See you Sunday

Andy

ned

posted on 4/9/03 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donut
If i was home i would not get near my garage! The wife will probably have a long list of things for me to do!!!

We all feel your pain Donut!

Ned.

donut

posted on 4/9/03 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Pain is the word my friend, pain is the word...ho hum!

Oh by the way theres no capital 'd' in donut, it's lower case.

See you Sunday and seeing as you have saved so much money buying a part built chassis, you can buy the tea this week

Andy donut

Andy

ned

posted on 4/9/03 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote

donut

posted on 4/9/03 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ned

Bugger....... you can't buy me a cup of tea on Sunday as i won't be there. I gotta go to Lego Land of all places!

Are you going to Donnington? If you are then i'll catch up with you then, 11.00 at the MK stand.

TTFN

Andy

Andy

Ian Pearson

posted on 12/9/03 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

live from ign switch,through ign light bulb,down to reg,out of reg to small terminal on alternator,big terminal goes to battery or starter cable

John, I thought that the regulator had to be wired between the alternator and the battery/starter cable.

Sat trying to figure it out today, and eventually took the regulator to the local Citroen Dealer. The guy I spoke to was very helpfull, but said that it was 15 years since he'd worked on a 2CV and he couldn't remember!! He thought that it should be in line twixt the alternator and battery, but basically had no idea.

theconrodkid

posted on 12/9/03 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Ian the reg goes in the small(ind)lead,the big(power out)goes to the battery/starter

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Ian Pearson

posted on 12/9/03 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks John.
sebastiaan

posted on 13/9/03 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
donut,

do you have some pictures of the 2CV alternator on your pinto? I'll probably need a smaller alt. too. (I'm building my car with the sttering wheel on the left....) and would have fairly easy acces to a 2CV one.

thanks,
Sebastiaan

donut

posted on 13/9/03 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Sebastiaan

Drop me an email at andy@donut.co.uk and i'll send you a couple of photo's of my fitted Alternator.

Andy

Andy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.