Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I don't believe it!
David Jenkins

posted on 14/9/03 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
I don't believe it!

(In my best Victor Meldrew voice)

Some of you are probably aware that I have a long-running Nordic Saga relating to getting my engine running... first, it was 'no oil pressure' (my cock-up), then it was overheating (almost certainly an air lock), now it looks like my alternator has gone into sulk mode, with a 'permanently on' light on the dash (it was OK a little while ago).

I've checked the wiring, which is OK, so now I guess that I have go into its innards & check the diodes.

Bo**ox, as Steve would say...

David

(I just needed to have a rant - I'm not asking for guidance yet... )

stephen_gusterson

posted on 14/9/03 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
I have seen more sophisticated quotes attributed to people, perhaps that one's my epitaph

A friend of mine has a personal web address. He has it just for the dot com email adress. His web holding page just displays one word....hmm guess....I must have caught it from him.

Americans dont know this word. It can be a useful backhanded compliment

As for the atlenator, mine didnt work cos I didnt have the lamp conected - but thats obviously not your issue at present!

Sometimes, welding on the car with mig can damage electronics....I have taken out all my efi stuff but left alterator in. Its not nadgered yet. I wonder if thats happened to yours?

You do have the big black rubber band thing on that connects it to the moving bit at the bottom of the engine....

atb

steve

[Edited on 14/9/03 by stephen_gusterson]

Alan B

posted on 14/9/03 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson.......Americans dont know this word. It can be a useful backhanded compliment .......

More and more get exposed to the word every day.......trust me..

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 14/9/03 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stephen_gusterson
You do have the big black rubber band thing on that connects it to the moving bit at the bottom of the engine....

Rubber band thingy fitted and properly adjusted!

The alternator was working, now it isn't - no significant events between the two states. Just one of those things, I guess.

David

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.