Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ebay rear light set
ell_bkr

posted on 4/5/09 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay rear light set

Anybody purchased some of these lights?

Ebay Link

I saw a few cars with them fitted at stoneleigh and quite like them. Plus the pods would cover the holes from my old lights nicely. They look like the same ones svc sell, only for a whole load cheaper!

Anyobody tried em/have any photos of them fitted?

Cheers!

Staple balls

posted on 4/5/09 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
I have some, not fitted though.

The surrounds aren't cut particularly well (easily fixed with scissors and trim I reckon) and they don't come with bulbs, which is a pain, but hardly costly(need 2x 380, 4x 382)

also emarked and fairly bright.

RichardK

posted on 4/5/09 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
I had to replace the sealing foam rings as the bulb holder was too loose for my liking. I am a perfectionist though

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 4/5/09 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
i have some and will take some pics of them when i go to mnr next! i also have a spare reverse light which i can post to you if you want it. i have no use for it, its only surround and light though as connectors have been lost
t16turbotone

posted on 5/5/09 at 05:19 AM Reply With Quote
yes i brought some, wasnt particularly impressed with them to be honest, when i fitted them only half of the lights worked, spent a while with a small alley key trying to bend the bulb connections to get them to work!!
Steve @ sVc

posted on 9/5/09 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Please remember that I'm Steve from sVc so have a vested interest in this question!
The twin light rear housing is the type, that whilst we still stock, we hardy ever sell – instead the MkII type has nearly all of the sales.
These lights, again we rarely sell – try me – phone us and I will advise you to use the Crystalight types rather than these frexnel lens lights. Partly because they look so much better and also because the quality is so much better (made in Germany rather than a lot further east).
We supply the wiring plugs with the lights – all of our lights have the right angle connector rather than a parallel one, so the wires are not sticking out towards the rear wheels and the back of the light does not project as close to the rear wheel.
AND – I occasionally turn up on your forum !
Regards Steve @ sVc

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ell_bkr

posted on 9/5/09 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for that steve. I've not yet purchased a set as i've been trying to decide wether i can afford the extra for your mk2 version with the led lamps fitted. They definatley do look better.

daniel mason I'm still quite interested in seeing a photo of them fitted to your car if you've got one?

Cheers all

RK

posted on 10/5/09 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
I'd just like to say that the stuff I saw at SVC at Detling looked very good quality, and the only reason I didn't buy anything, was the extra weight I'd have lugging them around Kent/Sussex/Hampshire for 2 weeks!!

Emails are answered very quickly too.

[Edited on 10/5/09 by RK]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.