Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Healtec speedo healer
LBMEFM

posted on 1/6/09 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Healtec speedo healer

I have a Healtec healer with the plugs chopped off. does anyone know which wires go where. It has a pair of Reds -Pair of Blacks and a green one and a white one.

[Edited on 1/6/09 by LBMEFM]

Flamez

posted on 1/6/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
It would help if you stated engine year and model etc..

If its a zx10r I'll go out and have a look

my build mac1motorsports

eccsmk

posted on 1/6/09 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
is it for the fireblade??

eznfrank

posted on 1/6/09 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
If you're struggling with it you should be able to buy the wiring harness seperately. All speedo healers are the same box but with different mini-harnesses. Biker discount store are pretty good.
LBMEFM

posted on 1/6/09 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it's for the Fireblade, but it's not the bikes colours I need it's the wires from the healer. The speed sensor on the bike has a Pink & Green = Speedo. Green = Earth. Black = Fuse Box What I need to know is what do the healer wires themselves connect too. As I said I have a pair of Reds = Feed ? maybe. Pair of Blacks + Earth maybe? and a Green one and a White once again maybe one from the Sensor and one to the Speedo. Can you just clarify if I am right. thanks Barry
mistergrumpy

posted on 1/6/09 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
What I did for mine is if you go on the Healtech site and look at installations, there's some pictures of them fitted and you can easily work out whats what.
Here you are. Just had a look at mine. Not sure off hand which of the sensor wires goes to the sensor itself and which to the clocks but just swap them over if it don't work. I actually got hold of a plug socket to fit the Healtech from an old computer.

Healtech Wiring
Healtech Wiring

[Edited on 1/6/09 by mistergrumpy]

LBMEFM

posted on 1/6/09 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to be a pain "mistergrumpy" the pins on yours are in a different pattern to mine, what colour is the live, earth & sensors wires on your diagram, thanks in advance, cheers, Barry
mistergrumpy

posted on 1/6/09 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, mine's a V1, yours must be a V2.Mine are pink, yellow and an earth for my ZX9. Yellow being the one to cut and pink the supply.
I've just re read your first post and I know what you're getting at now. The harness from Healtech plugs inbetween the sensor and the main bike wiring so the two reds are lives to the bike and to the sensor. Same with the earths and the other colours, one comes from the sensor and into the box which then does its magic and sends it out through the other wire to the bike.

Just to check. This is the V1. Is it the same as yours?

Healtech Box
Healtech Box

LBMEFM

posted on 1/6/09 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
No, on mine it has a square shaped four pin plug and a two pin plug to a remote button. I assume the earth is the black wires?
mistergrumpy

posted on 2/6/09 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote
Ah right. That'll vbe the V2. From what I could figure with mine for the harness that would be if I'd used it. The reds would be the live and the blacks the earth yes. That's only how it was for mine though.
I had a look at the photos on the installation page and they only seemed to show V1's so I couldn't really gleen anythiong off them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.