Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: cosworth v6
Kieth

posted on 17/5/04 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
cosworth v6

I am using a 2.9 cosworth in my build.
I don't want the auto box,cats and lamba sensors but want to try and keep the existing ecu.
eec.iv.
I thought about one out of an earlier granny but i have a coil pack and pickup off the bottom pully.
How can i or can i convert my ecu to run basic or is it going to take an expensive replacement?
Can anyone help?

Mr G

posted on 17/5/04 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
All the info about installing one of these engines and the sub loom with ecu and emmisions is over at interford.co.uk/forums

You can ditch the auto box and cats but will need to keep the lamba sensors along with a vss (vehicle speed sensor to keep it running ok). Any v6 box will bolt upto the engine using a v6 flywheel (2.3's are supposed to have lighter flywheels). same with the clutch and plate. There will be no spigot bearing in the end of the crank to pick up on the input shaft so you'll need to get one from ford and pop it in.

You'll have to register to gain access to the sierra technical help forum but its a common xr4x4/4i conversion and pretty straight forward and would be the same for a 7 (what i'm hopefully planning on using at some point too).

stu and madoldbugger are the main culprits, infact graceland on this forum (also an interford member) was going to do the conversion and had a 24v engine for sale.

MADOLDBUGGERS SITE

STU'S SITE

HTH

G

[Edited on 17/5/04 by Mr G]

Kieth

posted on 18/5/04 at 12:46 AM Reply With Quote
cosworth v6

Thanks Mr G
Have requested advice and will sit back and see what comes from them.
Very informative site for all things ford.
Cheers Kieth

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.