Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another wiper question
myke pocock

posted on 18/7/10 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Another wiper question

Sorry about this people but I have my classic Mini Lucas wiper motor that I am fitting that I have received plenty of replies about the electrics already. Another question, it says on the large drive cog '110'. Do I need to change it for a 90 or whatever and who sells them? Considering what I have had to replace, wheel boxes, park switch and possibly the cog I wish I had gone for a new system now!
Paul TigerB6

posted on 18/7/10 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
The 110 refers to a 110 degree sweep i guess?? Sounds pretty much what my Tiger had in it and i never considered needing to change it. Am sure you'll be fine with that
BenB

posted on 18/7/10 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
110 is standard so you should be able to keep it. Though it does depend on the size of the wheels in the rocker boxes, there are allegedly two sizes (though I've only ever seen one!!!).

Fitting a wiper system really is a case of making it up as you go along

Steve @ sVc

posted on 21/7/10 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
We have supplied Tiger from sVc and, yes, they have 1110 gears, BUT Tigers park on the opposite side to most other cars. Email me if you need to know how to change this.
Two shows this weekend - may take a while to get back to you!

Regards Steve @ sVc
Steve@s-v-c.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.