Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego's at Stoneleigh 2015
jollygreengiant

posted on 7/1/15 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Luego's at Stoneleigh 2015

I have now received the entry forms for the Stoneleigh Show 2015 and I shall be sending them off this week.

The dates for this show are Sunday 3rd and Monday 4th May (bank holiday weekend).

I shall be putting us down for the usual stand of 27B.

All those who will be attending, please let me know so I can book for the appropriate number of cars.

See you ALL there.

JGG.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

SteveWallace

posted on 7/1/15 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
After many years of building, I will finally be there in the Viento. I only narrowly missed out in 2014 due to having to do an IVA retest and then suffering from the DVLA loosing my registration forms (as is the norm).

Lets hope for a nice sunny weekend for maximum possible attendance.

BTW thank you for organising this for us.

[Edited on 7/1/15 by SteveWallace]

Dave Bailey

posted on 7/1/15 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
I am going to give it a good go to get there this year... I am working in Thailand for all of April so hopefully will be back for the first weekend in a May

Dave B

rusty nuts

posted on 7/1/15 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
I hope to be ther with the other half
wilkingj

posted on 9/1/15 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Hopefully I might be able to make it, albeit without the car.
Still would be good to see all my friends again.

Geoff

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Irony

posted on 9/1/15 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Sticking my neck out and possibly making grand claims I cannot keep, I shall be there in my Viento. Assuming I pass the IVA, assuming my DIY engine doesn't blow up, assuming the gearbox is okay, the brakes work, the wheel bearings are okay, my wiring is okay, the steering assembly doesn't fly apart at 60mph, I have put the clutch in correctly and something doesn't drop off during my 2 hour drive to the IVA centre during a rainy thunderstorm (bound to happen) in rush hour.

SCAR

posted on 9/1/15 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hope to get the Viento out and make this my first kit car show for several years.
SteveWallace

posted on 9/1/15 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
Sticking my neck out and possibly making grand claims I cannot keep, I shall be there in my Viento. Assuming I pass the IVA, assuming my DIY engine doesn't blow up, assuming the gearbox is okay, the brakes work, the wheel bearings are okay, my wiring is okay, the steering assembly doesn't fly apart at 60mph, I have put the clutch in correctly and something doesn't drop off during my 2 hour drive to the IVA centre during a rainy thunderstorm (bound to happen) in rush hour.

If you want moral support or spanner support at your IVA, let me know. As you know, I live just around the corner and you were more than helpful at my test.

From what I've seen of your car, the build quality looks very good, so I wouldn't worry too much. If mine didn't fall apart like a circus clown car, then yours won't.

PS If you think that its going to be tight getting registered in time for Stoneleigh, apply to the DVLA for the blank forms now - you have to have top copies and you cannot download them, so they have to post them to you and it can take weeks.

[Edited on 9/1/15 by SteveWallace]

Irony

posted on 9/1/15 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWallace
quote:

If you want moral support or spanner support at your IVA, let me know. As you know, I live just around the corner and you were more than helpful at my test.

From what I've seen of your car, the build quality looks very good, so I wouldn't worry too much. If mine didn't fall apart like a circus clown car, then yours won't.

PS If you think that its going to be tight getting registered in time for Stoneleigh, apply to the DVLA for the blank forms now - you have to have top copies and you cannot download them, so they have to post them to you and it can take weeks.

Steve, was it you said they were going to write a quick guide to applying for the IVA? If so, did you ever do it?

Thanks for the offer of help, I might take you up on that.

[Edited on 9/1/15 by Irony]

jollygreengiant

posted on 9/1/15 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Steve, was it you said they were going to write a quick guide to applying for the IVA? If so, did you ever do it?

Thanks for the offer of help, I might take you up on that.

[Edited on 9/1/15 by Irony]

Hey, IF, I got my Viento through its IVA (Ok SVA then), then I'm sure that you can get yours done. And yes they were VERY good at Nottingham. (And I drove it 80 miles each way, for its FIRST drive, with virtually NO tools except pliers, screw drivers, a couple of spanners and a plug socket.

Have faith in your abilities. Dry going there, started raining as I got there and PI$$ED it down coming back. Lesson to be learned from that, TAKE a dry pouch/bag for the documents, it took 2 days of careful drying to get my pass certificate looking normal/useable. (the wet documents kinda took some of the BIG smile off my face when I got home 'cos they don't do duplicates.)

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

wrxseeker

posted on 21/4/15 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Do you need to be a Luego owners club member ? or would I just be able to "turn up" on the Monday and park on the stand ??
wilkingj

posted on 21/4/15 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
As long as you are parking a Luego, then you would become a member instantly! Unless the rules have changed.

I am sure it wont be a problem. The more Luego's the merrier!

Any pictures??

Geoff

Best Regards
Geoff

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wrxseeker

posted on 22/4/15 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks - will get some photos loaded up.
rusty nuts

posted on 22/4/15 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Doesn't look like I will be in my car , will have to slum it in the Peugeot
jollygreengiant

posted on 26/4/15 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wrxseeker
Do you need to be a Luego owners club member ? or would I just be able to "turn up" on the Monday and park on the stand ??

According to our (generous) rules of existence, by virtue of the fact that you OWN a Luego, you have already become a member of the Luego owners/Drivers club. ( to be perfectly honest just having a Luego part on your car that you are building/have built/own/drive, means you become a member. even just parking on our pitch qualifies you.)

Further to this thread, I now have confirmed entry. The usual pitch 27B. I trust, we will all be camping in the usual spot (those that are over-nighting that is).

So I WILL see you all at some point over the weekend, although it will be without car as I STILL haven't got my engine mounts done yet (shame on me).

jollygreengiant

posted on 26/4/15 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Doesn't look like I will be in my car , will have to slum it in the Peugeot

Don't feel that bad Rusty, I will be slumming it in a M*nde*. :O

SteveWallace

posted on 26/4/15 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
My plan is to be there on Monday in the Viento (weather permitting). It developed a really bad misfire the other week on the way to a charity event, but I've traced it to a loose connector in the wiring to the coil packs and all seems well now, aside from the fact that I think that I damaged the packing in the exhaust in the process so its sounding a bit loud, but it runs as it should.

I have some family stuff to do on Sunday, but just on the off chance, what are the arrangements for camping on Sunday night and do you have to be there before the show closes on Sunday night to get to the camp site?

wrxseeker

posted on 26/4/15 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wrxseeker
Thanks - will get some photos loaded up.

[c=http:m.com/user/wrxseeker/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_2.jpg.html]
[/URL]

rusty nuts

posted on 26/4/15 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant

So I WILL see you all at some point over the weekend, although it will be without car as I STILL haven't got my engine mounts done yet (shame on me).

It's been broken for nearly 4 years by my reckoning? Remove your digit!!

rusty nuts

posted on 26/4/15 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I have some family stuff to do on Sunday, but just on the off chance, what are the arrangements for camping on Sunday night and do you have to be there before the show closes on Sunday night to get to the camp site?

We normally camp on pitch 13 , not sure what time the gates shut if indeed the do shut overnight

NeilP

posted on 4/5/15 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Gutted I couldn't get there this year - don't think I've missed a single one since I first went in 2002?...

Hope the weather was not too unkind - hopefully catch up with you all later in the year.

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

rusty nuts

posted on 4/5/15 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
You were conspicuous by your absence but then again so we're many others
wilkingj

posted on 5/5/15 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
You were conspicuous by your absence but then again so we're many others

Yeah... but we still had a good time. Nice to see old friends again.
Just sad I didnt have my Viento to take.

Still... I got a better nights sleep in the camper than when in the tent in previous years.

Geoff

Best Regards
Geoff

SteveWallace

posted on 5/5/15 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
Gutted I couldn't get there this year - don't think I've missed a single one since I first went in 2002?...

It was my first time there in the kit, having been for several years in a row in the tin top. It didn't really feel like I'd finished the Viento until I drove it onto the show ground for the first time yesterday.

It was good to catch up with those that did make it, its just a pity that its so long between shows that I can get to relatively easily.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.