Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: main beam dash light
bob

posted on 9/9/03 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
main beam dash light

After a lot of messing around a while back managed to get my main and dipped beam working,so its only a formality pluging the main beam dash light in.

NO

My little blue dash light seems to have its own ideas,it comes on for main beam ok but also stays on for dip as well.
There's a contact somewhere but i'm buggered if i can find whats doing it,any clues ?

stephen_gusterson

posted on 9/9/03 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
you have it connected to the power feed to the dip switch rather than to the individual main and dip wires that come from it.

atb

steve

MK7

posted on 9/9/03 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Are you using the Sierra switch gear?, if so does the dash light stay on when you pull the switch as well as when you push for main beam?
bob

posted on 9/9/03 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Yep its sierra bg87 switchgear plugged to a premier wiring loom,and yeas it stays on with lever in dip or main.

but with side lights or no lights it comes on and off on the flasher.

Its getting a live on dip so as steve said its powering up from the power feed on dip,i'll have a look at my conections fri morn before i head to donington.
I can always ask alan at premier wiring as i suspect he will be at the show,but i think its just a case of me tracing my switchgear conections.

I have checked already (3 times today)but sometimes a couple of days out of the cave and a fresh head sometimes helps,i just thought it may have happened to others so worth a try.

thanks lads for your replys

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.