Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Norton 360
Ian Pearson

posted on 21/7/08 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Norton 360

Hi All,

My Dad has just been out and bought a new tower from PC World. They've sold him Norton 360, saying it's no longer memory hungry, and that he won't know it's running. Claim it's streets ahead of Kaspersky which I had told him to mention. Have any of you tried 360, and what's your opinion if you have?

Many thanks,

Ian.

nib1980

posted on 21/7/08 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
I have it, no problem at all, nice and simple
bimbleuk

posted on 21/7/08 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Up until now all I've ever done with Norton products is uninstall them from pre-built bundles. Finally though it does look like they have a product worth condiering.

Norton 360 review

graememk

posted on 21/7/08 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
omho

as good as navigating around a magnet factory with a compass

blakep82

posted on 21/7/08 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
sloooooooow as far as i've found... but then again, it was installed onto a PC which was slower than it should have been anyway, and it slowed down, but then it was already really slow, so maybe its not the problem?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

geoff shep

posted on 21/7/08 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
I went to Norton 360 having used Norton IS previously and didn't like it at all. I found it too invasive, wanting to have lots of stuff turned on - eg auto updates and scans etc. Happy with it reminding me but if I select something turned off I would rather it would accept it and not keep flagging up that I had some important decluttering chore outstanding. I got rid of it and now use Kaspersky which seems fine and doesn't slow the PC down.
Davey D

posted on 21/7/08 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Complete waste of money - you can get everything you need for free off the internet

britishtrident

posted on 22/7/08 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Trouble with Norton AV products is they slow the system down more and more as time goes on.

Avira http://www.free-av.com/

Main difference between free version and pay version is in with the free version is very slow to download updates because the server is bandwidth capped.

britishtrident

posted on 22/7/08 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ian Pearson
Hi All,

My Dad has just been out and bought a new tower from PC World. They've sold him Norton 360, saying it's no longer memory hungry, and that he won't know it's running. Claim it's streets ahead of Kaspersky which I had told him to mention. Have any of you tried 360, and what's your opinion if you have?

Many thanks,

Ian.

And 6 months back they would have sold him the previous version of Norton and told him it was the greatest thing since sliced bread ---- in other words trust them not. Using any Symantec (Norton) product has been compared to pouring virutal concrete in your computer.

Some Norton 360 Quotes found on the Web

--------------------------------------

Norton 360 Version 2.0: What's New and Improved?

* Industry-Leading RAM sucker. Now 2GB ram is a micro toy for it!
* Slow down ur pc more perfectly.
* Require more disk space unnecessary.

---------------------------------------------

JesterPosted: 11/01/2008

re: My Norton experiences
Why would anyone in their sane and logical mind pay for a product that is close to sadness and causes so much despair, pain and frustration? Toilet paper is a much better buy than this absolute ...

------------------------------

If anyone buys this product they are just tossing $80 bucks in the can... you can find all the products with better structural integrity for free. I installed norton 360 when it first came out and quickly uninstalled after so many damn issues and guess what it still appears in my installed programs and I can even the delete the file no the entry no matter what uninstaller removal utility or method I use, down with symentac
-----------------------------------------------

Absolutely, hands down the WORST internet security software available. I have had to uninstall the program on at least ten occasions because of errors with the software. I thought that maybe a virus was creating problems with it, but after I got a second opinion with Kaspersky, I found out that Norton is just a very very poor product. Too many bugs. Creates more problems than it solves. Whatever you do, DONT waste 80 bucks on this garbage!!! What a shame to see Norton go down the drain. I have used Norton since Windows 95, I can't believe Norton products have degraded so much.

------------------------------------------------------

It has all been said in previous posts. This is the worst of the worst. An $80 headache. Symantec should be ashamed of this product and the price they have charged for a program that should have never left beta testing....Booo Symantec!!!! I will they NEVER buy anything from them again, Furthermore, I will make every effort to educate people on what a FRAUD Symantec had become...

----------------------------------------------------------

The absolute worst anti-virus I have ever had... Had numerous problems that even the so called Senior Technician couldn't fix and also screwed up my internet and my install file. Will never uy a "new" norton product ever again!! Problem after problem after problem in the end im going to anything bar norton, AVG free will do until i find the right one (that works)

---------------------------------

On the Norton 360 website: "Norton 360 is rewritten from scratch with a new code"

My review: Statutory warning, the new code also contains large quantities of bloat, crippleware, elephant fat, cow dung, vegetable oil & anasthesia (which works only on humans while installation & uninstallation)
Use it solely if you like the above.

[Edited on 22/7/08 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.