Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sorn revisited
theconrodkid

posted on 22/7/11 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
sorn revisited

some of you may remember my SAAB got written off a few weeks ago,the insurance co paid out and it went to meet it,s maker
today i got a tax reminder for it,i tried to sorn it online but got a message telling me i cant sorn it.
i cant face hanging on a phone for hours trying to speak to a muppet in swansea so any ideas?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Miks15

posted on 22/7/11 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Why did it say you cant sorn it?

What have you done with the V5?

Fro what youre saying it sounds like the reminder was sent out before they got word its been written off, then theyve updated the records before you tried to sorn it maybe?

Ninehigh

posted on 22/7/11 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
If it's been properly written off and scrapped then I'd leave it while the records filter through.. If they send a "Notice of Intended Prosecution" send it back with "Uhhhhhh it got scrapped, it can't be sorn'd because it doesn't exist"

theconrodkid

posted on 22/7/11 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
SORRY

Unable to Use Service

Unfortunately, because of the tax class of the vehicle or recent changes to the vehicle record, you are currently unable to apply for a tax disc or declare SORN using this service.

You will need to apply for the tax disc or declare SORN at a licence-issuing Post Office® or DVLA Local Office (as applicable for the vehicle) using the reminder (Vehicle Licence Application/SORN Declaration) or the Registration Document/Certificate together with the Insurance Certificate or Cover Note, MOT Test Certificate/GVT Test Certificate (if applicable) and fee.

this is the message i got when trying to sorn it
nine high...since when did not having any item stop the gubberment trying to steal your money for possession of such an item,just want to make sure the thieving gits cant get any more of my hard earned !

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Ninehigh

posted on 22/7/11 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah what I mean is like this:
When I used to pay bills with money over the counter I often got letters sent out stating that I hadn't paid said bill. These letters were often dated three or four days after the due date (and I paid on time) but they always came with the line "If you have paid this within the past seven days please ignore this letter"

What it looks like has happened is the reminder has been automatically generated because the information of scrappage hadn't got to that machine yet, but you can't sorn (or tax) it because it is scrapped. By my reckoning if you leave it they won't do anything because all the departments know it's been scrapped, it's just the reminder came out before it was notified.

Neville Jones

posted on 22/7/11 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
John, the scrappie here goes online and declares the car as scrapped, and give you a certificate of destruction on the spot. All done from the vin number. Maybe that's the situation, and DVLA computer is confused?

Cheers,
Nev.

steve m

posted on 22/7/11 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
If the insurance company have paid you, then the car belongs to said insurance company not you?
RAYLEE29

posted on 22/7/11 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, you can do a vehicle check on the sorn website this should tell you the vehicle status.
Ray

theconrodkid

posted on 22/7/11 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for the replies peeps,the last thing i need right now is for them bozo,s threatening me

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.