Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Distance selling regs
locoboy

posted on 20/1/10 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Distance selling regs

Guys,

I may be jumping the gun a bit here bit i want to know my rights just incase it turns sour.

I needed a new clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder with pipework for my pug (crappy sealed system on my pug 406 - cant bleed it or fill it up!).

I found a guy breaking a car on ebay and messaged him for a price, He replied with 'paypal the money to xxxxxxxxxx'

I sell a lot on ebay at work and often do this to avoid evay listing fees etc etc and as i'm an honest guy i thought nothing of it.

I paypalled the money and the part arrived 4 days later with a note in the 'send the recipient a message' box stating that it was for a GOOD WORKING ORDER clutch M/C and slave and pipework.

The item is just as shagged as the one currently fitted to my car.

I have sent the guys a message requesting a refund or an exchange item in good working order. He has not replied yet.

I ssequently found out that he is registered with ebay as a business seller - thereofre he is a business and surely has to trage by the distance selling regs?

Right or wrong?

ATB
Locoboy

marcjagman

posted on 20/1/10 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, demand a refund, leave bad feedback and start a claim with paypal. Don't mess around or it'll be you that ends up losing out.
locostbuyer83

posted on 20/1/10 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
Yep, demand a refund, leave bad feedback and start a claim with paypal. Don't mess around or it'll be you that ends up losing out.

yeah paypal dispute should allow you to recieve a refund.

jabs

posted on 20/1/10 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Am I correct in readingthat you just sent him the money via paypal so no ebay listing.

Could raise a dispute with paypal but might depend how you paid for it, did you do it for goods or as a gift?

locoboy

posted on 20/1/10 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Your right it was an OUTSIDE EBAY transaction and i used paypal as the payment method only.
It was sent as money for GOODS

ATB
Locoboy

loggyboy

posted on 20/1/10 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
was the payment taken from a credit card? (via paypal?) if so contact the cc company.
speedyxjs

posted on 21/1/10 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locoboy
Your right it was an OUTSIDE EBAY transaction and i used paypal as the payment method only.
It was sent as money for GOODS

I think you can still dispute it through paypal as normal.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Agriv8

posted on 21/1/10 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
I thought Paypal has its own despute resoloution for transactions that do not come from ebay, I have used paypal for a number of non ebay transactions so I dis not have to pass you credit card details to 'Unknowns' not sure how you do it though

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

aitch

posted on 21/1/10 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
absolutely register a dispute with paypal, he will have the funds withdrawn immediately and will have to settle the dispute within 21 days, at which time they make a decision and likely you will get a re-fund

you stated in your paypal payment it was for a working part so your covered, dont waste time do it

aitch

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeFellows

posted on 21/1/10 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
be wary of paypal

I had a friend who purchased a Wii the year they came out, he paid £350 for it for his GF for xmas.

Wii arrived it was Japanese, so no games worked, required a stepdown convertor and you couldnt understand it. (it was listed as a PAL conosole)

he started a paypal dispute, paypal said he had to send the item back to the guy via special delivery, once they could see online it had been signed for, they would refund his money. fair enough we thought and sent it off

they gave him £80 and closed the case.

locoboy

posted on 21/1/10 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys,
So far so good he has responded to my request for either a replacement item or a refund, i would prefer a replacement working item as i need my car back on the road!

Although he has asked me to pay the carriage back which grates at me a bit but i guess i will do it and send it recorded too!

Watch this space!

ATB
Locoboy

aitch

posted on 21/1/10 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
www.interparcel.com
will cost less than recorded delivery

aitch

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.