Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Good start to my week
RichardK

posted on 1/3/10 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Good start to my week

Bloody car went in for a service Friday,hardly used it over the weekend,oil pressure lights come one, no oil showing on dip stick,oil everywhere in bay.Shall we place bets that a new oil filter wasn't screwed up properly? Waiting for RAC, bowels regular as clockwork and I should have been there 30 minutes ago.Not bl00dy happy!

Rant over nearly

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Howlor

posted on 1/3/10 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
Oh bugger, I presume you will suitably rant at the garage.
Nash

posted on 1/3/10 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
This exact same thing happened to me over christmas with my Trooper. I had the RAC take it to another garage where they did the work and confirmed the oil filter had been incorrectlu fitted (seal had blown out). I went back to the original garage and got a full refund for "both" oil changes.

Careful the original garage you had the work done at doesn't make up an excuse as to why it's not there fault.

I feel your pain.......... Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

dhutch

posted on 1/3/10 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, i guess its a case of getting the garage that does the remedial work to put it into writing that is was a fitting error. Get them to stat the mileage too and then as it should have had the mileage recorded/reset at the service it will prove it not been used hardly at all since.

Then get back to the original garage for a refund etc etc.

I presume the engine was stopped soon enough to have done not lasting/major damage. Although if that is the case its the same again, just expect even more of a fight!

Daniel

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.