Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SUV - vs - Seven
zilspeed

posted on 13/3/10 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
SUV - vs - Seven

Shamelessly copied from a thread I found on Blatchat.

Another LSIS loses the fight against a much bigger car. I won't go into who was right / wrong. All I'll say is, it happened.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/p ublicsafety/accidents/deputies-identify-drivers-in-madeira-beach-fatal-crash/1078946

MakeEverything

posted on 13/3/10 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
Shamelessly copied from a thread I found on Blatchat.

Another LSIS loses the fight against a much bigger car. I won't go into who was right / wrong. All I'll say is, it happened.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/p ublicsafety/accidents/deputies-identify-drivers-in-madeira-beach-fatal-crash/1078946

Love those wheels....

Wonder if i can find the crappy in Tampa Bay that they went to!!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

ashg

posted on 13/3/10 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
its strange, yes its pretty bent but it doesn't look like the passenger cell was that crushed. im wondering if it was the shock or hitting the steering wheel that killed him. i dont know if the original lotus 7's have collapsible columns or not but could have been a factor if they don't.

as always any crash that involves a 7 and a normal car usually doesn't end too well for the 7.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

speedyxjs

posted on 13/3/10 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thats bad!

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 13/3/10 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
thats awful, a very thin looking roll bar..

RK

posted on 13/3/10 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
I'd guess it's the "no headrest" part that was very bad for him.
Alan B

posted on 13/3/10 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
Very sad.

Once again we get the ridiculous ill-informed comments from people (comments after the feature online) regarding construction etc.....

[Edited on 13/3/10 by Alan B]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 13/3/10 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Very nasty.

I am surprised that the driver didn't survive - the passenger compartment is still in good shape. The front seems to have absorbed most of the impact, so I would have expected no more than physical injury (though maybe serious).

rf900rush

posted on 13/3/10 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Just looked at the comments.

Some tossers do'nt know much about kit cars.
Let alone the amount of car driver's pulling out of junctions.

Although this acciedent may of been a combination of speed from the 7 and the SUV not looking properly.

Just ride a bike for a year, then you will see why this type of accident happens.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zilspeed

posted on 13/3/10 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rf900rush
Just looked at the comments.

Some tossers do'nt know much about kit cars.
Let alone the amount of car driver's pulling out of junctions.

Although this acciedent may of been a combination of speed from the 7 and the SUV not looking properly.

Just ride a bike for a year, then you will see why this type of accident happens.

Or (and without wishing to kick up a whole new argument) cycle on the road for one day. There are a whole load of people out there who really believe you have zero right to be there and will gladly treat you as such.

I doff my cap to those brave enough to take to the roads regularly on two wheeled transport.

matt_claydon

posted on 13/3/10 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
This is America, where a staggering number of people don't wear seatbelts. I'm not saying that was the case here, but it would explain the tragic result of the accident despite the car not looking too badly damaged. Lack of head restraints (note, they are not head 'rests', that name massively underplays their importance) could also be a big factor, particularly if the head impacted the roll hoop.
morcus

posted on 13/3/10 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Having inadequate, or non existant, head restraints can cause fatal injuries at fairly low speed crashes, especially if you hit something solid as your head will fly forward then backwards and you could easilly break your neck. He recieved CPR which suggests shock killed him to me.

I see what everybody means about the comments. It does seem to me that only racists and idiots post comments on that kind of thing and pretty much every comment on there seems to meet both of those requirements.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

mad4x4

posted on 13/3/10 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

On the road the first rule is simple: Safety First. And when it comes to safety--- bigger is almost always better.

Typical American Logic.

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

Ninehigh

posted on 14/3/10 at 12:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad4x4
quote:

On the road the first rule is simple: Safety First. And when it comes to safety--- bigger is almost always better.

Typical American Logic.

Shame it's coming over here... Mind you when you see kids on mopeds cutting up a Range Rover you do wonder if some people are capable of thought

deanwelch

posted on 15/3/10 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
at least he died doing something he loved.............but seatbelt and headrest would have made a big difference
Vindi_andy

posted on 16/3/10 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Dont need to go out on 2 wheels to see a proliferation of how easily this can happen. It seems everytime I go out in Tango someone doesnt see me and pulls out.

Last time in happened I had both the kids in the car was a little gloomy so had the lights on and still a woman didnt see a bright orange car. Just glad the brakes work well and I have a strong right leg

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.