Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Injector cleaner
roadrunner

posted on 21/4/10 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Injector cleaner

Which is the best one for diesels, I'm not after a cheap one just one that will work well.
Brad.

dazzx10r

posted on 21/4/10 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Forte diesel treatment or millers, used them both, the forte products are very good.
jacko

posted on 21/4/10 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
I use stp
How are you Brad ?
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 21/4/10 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Forts diesel fuel conditioner.

Best way to use it, is to fill a new fuel filter with it and start up so it runs on it neat, initially. It will work if you just add it to the tank but the results take longer.

I've had amazing results on diesels that I'd have previously though needed new injectors.

It's theoretically trade only but you can get it on the net. If you have trouble getting it, let me know and I'll bring some to Stoneleigh.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

paulf

posted on 21/4/10 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Ive always used one from the motor factors called Revite it comes in a small can with screw top , ive never seen it for sale other than in motor factors.
I drain the diesel filter and fill it with the cleaner then refit it and run the engine at 2000 revs for about 5 mins then take it for a good thrash on the road using low gears.Ive always found it to work to get cars through the MOT test after they have failed the smoke test.
Paul
quote:
Originally posted by dazzx10r
Forte diesel treatment or millers, used them both, the forte products are very good.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.