Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Do we like this or not?
JoelP

posted on 30/4/10 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
its a pointless car because the technology simply doesnt exist for battery cars at the minute, and additionally the national grid couldnt deal with charging them en masse.

Doesnt look bad, but the spoiler is pointless. As an electric car its meant to be economical hence low drag, NOT sporty. At least yet anyway.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

JoelP

posted on 30/4/10 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
a much better idea would be to stick a hydrogen fuel cell in it, you could have a device at home that seperated water constantly with less electricity being required, and just top up a tank when you get home. NOT frantically try to charge batteries overnight.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Simon

posted on 30/4/10 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
How come a Citreon Badge is so distasteful to so many one here? I know build quality isn't great but Citreons usually fair better than Alfas in that respect and in many cases are just as beautiful.

No idea - maybe everyone has a german is best complex (misguided at best I know)

I had a Picasso, and while I hated every minute I owned it, it was actually a perfectly good car. Reasonably comfy, spaciousish, never broke; just oh so average. You have to rememer we needed to replace our Rover BRM 200 due to second child, so was kind of forced into having sensible car.

A friend's dad had many french cars and I used to love the CX's (and their Renault 25 Turbo). My old man had a Volvo ........

I quite like this - reminiscent of Citroens of old:

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 30/4/10 by Simon]

morcus

posted on 1/5/10 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
My dad loved his Rovers and Citreons (He's had quite a few of each) and they all had fairly majoy faults bar his 400 (That someone crashed into the back of at 90mph and some how the court decided it was his fault).

I think your right about the German thing, even though the French make better luxury cars (maybe not as reliable).

Everyone also likes to forget that Bugatti is French (Albeit nominally).

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Simon

posted on 1/5/10 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
My father nearly had an SD1 but salesman oversold product and Pops decided he was desparate. Never bought a Rover after that.

I've had numerous Mini's x 3, SD1's x2, 800 x1, 200 x 2 (wifes current ZR), ZT260.

Never let down by any of them and my old man still criticized them.

ATB

Simon

David Jenkins

posted on 1/5/10 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
I used to like Citroens when their designs were totally off-the-wall - from the Traction Avant through to the original DS. They've got far too 'boring Eurobox' lately.

I admire their bravery in this design, but it's much too bitty and doesn't really hang together... maybe it would look better in the flesh. From the side it reminds me of the Smart... perhaps that's because of the coloured panels.

BTW - talking of the DS - what's the opinion on the new DS5? I think it's hideous!

Jasper

posted on 1/5/10 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I think your right about the German thing, even though the French make better luxury cars (maybe not as reliable).

I'm sorry, are you completely mad ?????? The French make a better luxury car than the Germans??? I've owned a few French cars in my time, and whilst they can make a great hot hatch, there is absolutely no way I would EVER swap my 5 series for a piece of over complicated French cr*p. I had one of the latest Espaces with all the bells on, and it spent more time in the garage than it did on my driveway. Never ever ever again would I buy a French car - the thought of driving around in one of those generic French boxes - Picasso, Scenic etc etc just fills me with dread....

When you drive a nice big German car they just feel totally different, solid, smooth, fast, comfortable, just enough electronics, beautifully made interior, handle beautifully, stop well etc etc etc. Which might be why the 5 series always gets voted top in it's class.....

Sorry about the rant ..... I'll calm down now ....

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Ninehigh

posted on 1/5/10 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Depends how you define a great luxury car, I've heard the older Citroens are far better in the comfort stakes, but the build is completely barmy.

Living round here you notice that every other car is a Vauxhall, the other half is 40% Ford, 40% Mazda. I've pretty much demanded that the next car we get is something we've never seen round here, as I don't want what everyone else has got. I'd have that Citroen now if it was available, along with just about anything else different. Coming back from Llandudno today spotted a scrappies with a load of old car shells, gonna have to go back there when I clear the garage

Simon

posted on 1/5/10 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
Which might be why the 5 series always gets voted top in it's class.....

Sorry about the rant ..... I'll calm down now ....

Until you read the latest issue of Which?, which says the lastest BMW 5 needs to "improve on the reliablity record of its predecessor..." and "stacks up well against the ageing Audi A6".

ATB

Simon

Jasper

posted on 1/5/10 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, and it's the previous model I've got and love and the A6 is German as well I'll think you'll find!

[Edited on 1/5/10 by Jasper]

Simon

posted on 2/5/10 at 01:11 AM Reply With Quote
You love the unreliable one

And the friend's dad who had the Citroen's/Ren 25 Turbo/Carlton GSi then bought, and I quote him "worst car I've ever had", yep, an Audi A6

ATB

Simon

[Edited on 2/5/10 by Simon]

Ninehigh

posted on 2/5/10 at 05:36 AM Reply With Quote
I imagine only the S6 would stack up against a Carlton GSi...

morcus

posted on 2/5/10 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Luxury is a very complicated thing and German car makers usually ruin there attempts with allusions of Sportiness.
Citreon make the most comfortable cars you can buy and I'd have a C6 over a 5 series if I was in the market for that kind of car. As I said before, I've been in a Citreon that had a blow out at 70 on the motor way and none of us noticed.

Luxury is purely about Comfort and Style, everything else is Irrelvant.

Jasper

posted on 3/5/10 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Luxury is a very complicated thing and German car makers usually ruin there attempts with allusions of Sportiness.
Citreon make the most comfortable cars you can buy and I'd have a C6 over a 5 series if I was in the market for that kind of car. As I said before, I've been in a Citreon that had a blow out at 70 on the motor way and none of us noticed.
l
Luxury is purely about Comfort and Style, everything else is Irrelvant.

Luxury is not just about Style and Comfort, if it was then why are most of the so called luxury cars also powerful, refined, well put togther, handle well etc etc. Why make a Bentley fast then? Citroen may be make the most comfy cars, but there's so much more to luxury than just a nice soft ride.

Ninehigh

posted on 3/5/10 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Oh yeah you don't want a Bentley that's going to struggle uphill, or blow a gasket because you've been doing 75mph for a couple of hours

morcus

posted on 3/5/10 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
That would come under comfort though. If a car is underpowered it won't be comfortable and power isn't whats wrong with German cars. As Rolls Royce literature of old states, power should be sufficient and French Luxury cars don't have issues with lack of power, they are normally slightly less powerful than their german equivalents but they're also lighter.

I don't know why I'm bothering, this isn't going to change your mind, but the only decent German Limo is the Phaeton.

Ninehigh

posted on 3/5/10 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
True, I'd have a Phaeton

morcus

posted on 3/5/10 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Have you been in one? its amazing and you can get a good one for less than £10K

Jasper

posted on 4/5/10 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Who said anything about wanting a limo? I want a fast, reliable (and mine has been) comfortable and fun car to drive, with acres of space in the touring boot for work - and I wouldn't have anything else ....

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.