Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Favourite cars at Stoneleigh
Davey D

posted on 4/5/10 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
Favourite cars at Stoneleigh

There were some nice looking cars on display in the Manufactureres Area. just wondering what everyone else thought?

i was impressed with the new Roadrunner SR2. its a nice looking kit at a very reasonable price. i could see a lot of Westfield influence in the body design. Nice to see the car was designed from the start to take an MX5 drivetrain, and not just another old ford based 7.

i was really keen to see the new MK HSR as i quite liked it in the pictures ive seen. In the flesh it looked great from the back, and sides, but just wasnt quite sure about the front There was alot of wasted space inside i thought (thats because it uses the Indy chassis which is loads narrower than the shell). i think it really needs a new design chassis that is a little wider.

And the car that really did it for me at the show - The Ultima GTR. It really looks awesome in the flesh. especially loved the yellow one on the turntable
I was totally blown away by the quality of the gelcoat shells. before i read the notice on them i presumed they was all fillered/prepped/painted, but they arent. i was pondering on a cobra kit in the future, but i think my mind is set now on the Ultima

BenB

posted on 4/5/10 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
Nice choice. Only trouble with the Ultima is you'ld want a seriously good engine. For a Cobra any old V8 burble (and some sunglasses) will surfice. For an ultima it's performance you're after IMHO.

A bit of me fancies an Ultima with the 1000Bhp twin turbo big block Chevy engine I've got book-marked somewhere. The engine isn't exactly cheap but hey.... And it might have a tiny amount of lag- that would be a problem in a car like that.

coozer

posted on 4/5/10 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
I was really impressed with the Gardener Douglas T70 Sypder on show, the orange one.

Reason for it is not the show but running down the A46 behind it on Saturday I was going about 80 and he put his toe down and boy did it go!

At one point he demonstrated the awesome brakes it has as well.

Impressed indeed but not enough to spend 40K

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

fesycresy

posted on 4/5/10 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
GD Cobra MK 4 for me.

Dakar 4x4 for my boy, I can see a Landy on the horizon for me

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

boggle

posted on 4/5/10 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
ultima....

i rubbed myself against one....hmmmmm

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 4/5/10 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
No the best car there was the MAGENTA

I really want one They are fantastic and the styling is top class. Cheap to buy as well

iank

posted on 4/5/10 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop

I really want one They are fantastic and the styling is top class. Cheap to buy as well

I thought owelly was in the process of buying all of the ones still on the road...

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 4/5/10 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Im going to do that and rust to rome them...

Danozeman

posted on 4/5/10 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
Did anyone else think the road runner was the same body as a westfield.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

mcerd1

posted on 4/5/10 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Im going to do that and rust to rome them...

do you think you could get one cheap enough

what about Rob's dax:

-

ashg

posted on 4/5/10 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
ultima for me. that yellow one was very pretty. had a ls7 in it. only 8 grand for the engine bargain lol.

[Edited on 4/5/10 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Richard Quinn

posted on 4/5/10 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
The number plate on that Dax looks as though it has claimed some road-kill (not that the driver would've seen it past that blower!)
NS Dev

posted on 4/5/10 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

lol this is why I love this forum!!

Just when I think there is a danger of a serious thread, someone averts the potential disaster with some top notch amusement

PS my mate from Ultima popped over (my unit is about 1/4 mile from theirs) in a customers factory built car the other day, an absolute STUNNER. The engine in that was the 720hp LS jobbie and they are just awesome. OK not cheap, but a reliable 720hp with more or less stock bits, on injection with no turbos, superchargers or any other guff.

It was headed for Russia of all places!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

rusty nuts

posted on 4/5/10 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Have to say my choice wouldn't be a modern car it was the 1967 Unipower, for sale but a bit out of my price range , just £30,000!
cd.thomson

posted on 4/5/10 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote

Craig

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.