Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blooming E-bay
AndyW

posted on 23/8/10 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Blooming E-bay

Not so much of a rant rather than a fed up! Been after an oe engine loom for mondeo 2.0 blacktop for a while. Missed out on one about a week ago and then another appears. Bidding is not moving and within the last few seconds I enter my top bid. 3 seconds, 2 seconds..........1 second my bid of £15 gets smashed in the last second to £23. Obviously snipers, but damn frustrating again. Oh well the hunt continues. Maybe I need to make some time to hunt the breakers yards......
Humbug

posted on 23/8/10 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
If £15 was your top bid, then £23 is higher so fair enough? Or do you mean £15 wasn't really your top bid?
Richard Quinn

posted on 23/8/10 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
I would've thought that it would have to have been 22 quid (unless the latest ebay scam is to move in 8 quid increments!)
Danozeman

posted on 23/8/10 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I would've thought that it would have to have been 22 quid (unless the latest ebay scam is to move in 8 quid increments!)

Wouldnt surprise me in ths lightest if tey did that.

Iv missed loads recently for 50p above my max.. I never wait until the last now. i just bid what i want to pay then forget about it until after its finished.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

loggyboy

posted on 23/8/10 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Sniping is an artform, sadly, most people use sniping software now which is a little unfair.
But at the end of the day, if you were prepared to bay £15 and someone else £23, then thats that.

eddie99

posted on 23/8/10 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman

Iv missed loads recently for 50p above my max.. I never wait until the last now. i just bid what i want to pay then forget about it until after its finished.

I've resorted to that aswell

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
hughpinder

posted on 23/8/10 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
I do to - just put in my maximum at the start and wait to see what happens.

Regards
Hugh

Liam

posted on 23/8/10 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Much better to put your maximum in at the end. Gives you the best chance of a low price, and if you do that and still loose you can't really moan - you were beaten fair and square.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 23/8/10 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
I bid at the end as well. If you bid at the start with your max then he can get his mates to bid up to see how high it goes. If tthey out bid you then the transaction takes place (Hypothetically).
Do it at the end and there is no time for this scenario and you do stand a chance of getting a better bargain.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 23/8/10 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I've lost out on loads of stuff recently. Even bidding in the last 5 seconds I still get out bid. Pisses me right off.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.