Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: extended car warranties
locoboy

posted on 18/9/10 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
extended car warranties

Guys,

My old man rang me last night to ask my advice, after i picked my self up off the floor and continued the conversation it seems he is looking at purchasing extended warranty on his car.

It is a 57 plate Octavia 110 Diesel with 30K on the clock.

He has found this company Clicky and upon initial reading it seems they are very comprehensive in what they offer and at a very good price too.

Does anyone have any opinions / comments or any experience of this company?

Many thanks
Colin

ATB
Locoboy

StevieB

posted on 18/9/10 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
How much are they quoting him?

If it was me, I'd rather have the money sat in the bank and just pay for any items as/when they come up.

Most items that would fail on a car aren't covered by a warranty anyway, as they'd probably all be classed as wear and tear.

The things that do get covered tend to be the things that don't really go wrong on a modern car.

gottabedone

posted on 18/9/10 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
A lot of these are also based on you getting fleeced at a main dealer for all servicing/mot's etc and for a FSH, first owner car.

well worth finding their small print

Steve

rusty nuts

posted on 18/9/10 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
More hassle than they are worth, they don't cover the parts that are likely to fail . Your better off buying from a reputable garage IMHO
StrikerChris

posted on 18/9/10 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
It's always a gamble as things always break when you've just spent your money elsewhere but my old man's had his octavia from new,just done 100k and only ever put disks on it.its had a hard life too,used more as a van and regularly towing a big ivor Williams!me id take the gamble
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mrwibble

posted on 18/9/10 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
i cant see skoda parts being overly dear? but if it was me i'd not be bothering, afterall its a vw in everything but name...

i'm guessing ur old man doesn't have a local independant garage he trusts?

theconrodkid

posted on 18/9/10 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
having dealt with these clowns before i think i am right in saying they area waste of money,tried to claim for a wheel bearing wear/making a noise is not covered so what else do wheel bearings do?
oh and a timing belt failure,the court decided they would pay and it was still hassle getting money from them.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

MikeR

posted on 18/9/10 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
I've used them - basically you need a 'friendly' garage. I had a problem and it was debatable if the part was covered. The garage made sure the problem was with a part that was covered and therefore they got paid to fix the problem which also happened to cover replacing the broken part.

It does give peace of mind and if i was getting a nearly new car i'd be very tempted to get it again.

prawnabie

posted on 18/9/10 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Mikes right, I deal with a fair few of these at work. Its all to do with how you word the claim when dealing with the company. Our system is web based so you don't usually have to lie face to face lol

I pretty much know what is and isn't covered on the warranties we use so not a lot gets rejected!

[Edited on 18/9/10 by prawnabie]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.