Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Problem with my sisters 206
tompat3463

posted on 18/8/14 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
Problem with my sisters 206

Hi. Wondering if anyone can help on here

Been trying to solve a problem on my sisters 206

When you switch the ignition off and take keys out and wait for the bsi to go to sleep then put the keys in the ignition to start the car again the rev counter and the temp gauge do a weird little dance then stop on about a quarter turn backwards. So if you done it 4 times it would end up in the right position again.

Once the engine is running they work right albeit in the wrong place ie idling at 5tho rpm ect

I know it's a long shot but just invade anyone can help I thought I'd post it here.

Thanks Alan

austin man

posted on 18/8/14 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
coil packs on the 206 can cause all sorts of problems, daughters car had display troubles plus acted at times like there was no fuel. Changed the could pack around £35.00 Running problem sorted and display working again

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

britishtrident

posted on 18/8/14 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Can bus systems can do some very weird things due to voltage spikes and interference check all conections but the coil may well be the culprit.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

t11

posted on 19/8/14 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
re-206

+1 on the coil pact being the problem, changed 1 today at work problem sorted, anything french will give you a pain in the rear end in fact anything modern, all I've had in the last 44years are classic's they stand the test of time......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.