Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Frugal fuel sipper
Mr Whippy

posted on 22/9/22 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James

I drive 9miles to work each day and it takes nearly an hour through the traffic. I've cycled it more quickly but then have to shower at work etc! I'm considering an electric scooter as most of the journey is along the canal towpath!

Probably better with an electric mountain bike tbh, sounds a great journey to work, unless you skid on ice and end up in the canal!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 22/9/22 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:

I drive 9miles to work each day and it takes nearly an hour through the traffic. I've cycled it more quickly but then have to shower at work etc! I'm considering an electric scooter as most of the journey is along the canal towpath!

Probably better with an electric mountain bike tbh, sounds a great journey to work, unless you skid on ice and end up in the canal!

Ditto - sounds like a bloody great journey to work.

I'd be on a gravel bike and get the shower at work. Saving on fuel and car wear & tear, saving on water and enegry bills by having a shower at work and upping your health and fitness on the bike. 9 miles you should be less than 30 mins, that + shower at work you'll be well awake and ready for the day!

gremlin1234

posted on 23/9/22 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

take the car on the cold and icy days

coyoteboy

posted on 24/9/22 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Unfortunately, having spawned a 3rd time we've had to buy a heavy Ford S-Max diesel which gives nowhere near the above figures.

My brother had an smax diesel, the 2.0hdi engine, same as my Peugeot but 16v had, he easily got 45-50 packed full of stuff

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.