Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Binky gag reel!
David Jenkins

posted on 30/4/23 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Binky gag reel!

I missed this one, which popped up about 4 weeks ago, apparently.

coyoteboy

posted on 1/5/23 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Ugh I'm so done with this teasing, it's endless garbage now. Here's a blooper reel, here's a T-shirt, we'll finish it soon. Sorry, too late, I lost interest when they did and shelved it for other projects.

[Edited on 1/5/23 by coyoteboy]

myke pocock

posted on 1/5/23 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Bit harsh coyoteboy! They have a business to run as well and whilst these projects are undoubtedly fun it dont make any money apart from being a good marketing tool. I for one have enjoyed them especially the comprehensive instructions and demonstrations on bracket manufacture!!!! Keep going lads. If you dont like it, dont watch it. Simples!

[Edited on 1/5/23 by myke pocock]

coyoteboy

posted on 1/5/23 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
Bit harsh coyoteboy! They have a business to run as well and whilst these projects are undoubtedly fun it dont make any money apart from being a good marketing tool. I for one have enjoyed them especially the comprehensive instructions and demonstrations on bracket manufacture!!!! Keep going lads. If you dont like it, dont watch it. Simples!

Ppffft doesn't make them money, I guarantee they made a lot off the YouTube content, but it's irrelevant really, even if it was a hobby it's going to pee people off if you get 9/10 of the way there, present a story and a project, and then feck off and start doing a van, and a track car that are also just fun projects and forget the thing that started it. They get a boat load of tools from sponsors, they have a loyal following and then just vanish and keep teasing. Nah, I'm sure even they would think it was taking the pee if it was someone else. I was happy to wait a few months but now I just feel like it's never coming and they're not interested. Once you start a story, you're committed to finishing it.

James

posted on 2/5/23 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock

Ppffft doesn't make them money, I guarantee they made a lot off the YouTube content, but it's irrelevant really, even if it was a hobby it's going to pee people off if you get 9/10 of the way there, present a story and a project, and then feck off and start doing a van, and a track car that are also just fun projects and forget the thing that started it. They get a boat load of tools from sponsors, they have a loyal following and then just vanish and keep teasing. Nah, I'm sure even they would think it was taking the pee if it was someone else. I was happy to wait a few months but now I just feel like it's never coming and they're not interested. Once you start a story, you're committed to finishing it.

In the US you get about $600-650 per million views (less in the UK I believe)... Bad Obsession Motorsport channel has 42million views. But I don't know if that's all Project Binky videos- I suspect not.
You can make a lot more in addition if you have 'in-video' 3rd party ads that the youtuber has sourced themselves (as opposed to the ads that youtube put in). If you have a decent number of subscribers the ad revenue from those can be 1000s of dollars.

If Freddy Tavarish can make rebuilding that Mclaren P1 pay (via youtube views) then there must be money in it!

[Edited on 2/5/23 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.