Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where and how much?
AndyGT

posted on 8/3/10 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Where and how much?

Hi everyone.

I am in the middle of converting my chevette onto volvo 240 brakes (66 percent increase in wipe area) and have noticed that the pad is 10mm too high on the disks. I would like to make/buy a bracket to make it sit 10mm lower into the disk.

I have devised this bracket:

chevette brake bracket
chevette brake bracket

I need it to be made with either 10mm or 12mm plate. Will 2 x (6mm or 5mm) plate work?

Just noticed the stagger is between the holes should be about 25mm.

If so is there anyone on here who can make this and how much would it likely cost me? Obviously as lowcost as possible?

Thanks in advance to replies...

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Strontium Dog

posted on 8/3/10 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
That's very easy to make. Any engineering firm would knock that out in minutes. You should be able to find some one local to do this for little more than the postage would cost to have it done here.

If you are totally stuck I could do them for you but I'm sure it would be cheaper to go to your local engineer or any one with a milling machine or precision drill!

ahunt

posted on 8/3/10 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Ive sent you a U2U
turbodisplay

posted on 8/3/10 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
You are missing a dimension: the horizontal offset of the holes, ie the distance between the top pair and the bottom pair.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 8/3/10 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Total lo-cost route... go to your local steel place... get a piece thick enough and then cut +drill by hand... I recon thats an afternoons work...
blakep82

posted on 8/3/10 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
plenty of folk on here with laser and waterjet cutters. have a word with andyw7de

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 8/3/10 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by turbodisplay
You are missing a dimension: the horizontal offset of the holes, ie the distance between the top pair and the bottom pair.

Darren

he as stated in his post it is 25mm

AndyGT

posted on 8/3/10 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the answers.

Out here the nearest engineering firm is 70km away and are in no measure cheap. Head skimming is 170 Euros just to give an idea....

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

blakep82

posted on 8/3/10 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
andyw7de

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

iank

posted on 8/3/10 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iscmatt
quote:
Originally posted by turbodisplay

Darren

he as stated in his post it is 25mm

I thought he was correcting the 10mm vertical offset (can't have 10mm dia holes 10mm apart on the centers for obvious reasons).
Maybe they're both 25mm* but it's not obvious from the drawing.

* check it's not 25.4mm if you're having it precision made

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

blakep82

posted on 8/3/10 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
^ erm, yeah, needs a few things checked and corrected i think

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.