Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: rolling road
cd.thomson

posted on 1/4/10 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
rolling road

Hi everyone,

just been quoted £105 first hour + £50 per additional hour for a rolling road tune on my car.

Wherever I take it, it will have to be trailered and this place is very close to me so this represents a cost saving itself of £50-£100

How do the hourly rates sound?

[Edited on 1/4/10 by cd.thomson]

Craig

StrikerChris

posted on 1/4/10 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
i'd be asking is this place any good before worrying about the price.there are always cowboys....
Never used one myself but my mate who races sidecars drives beyond 3 rr's i know of now to get to one he knows will get the best out of it and knows what they.re doing.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cd.thomson

posted on 1/4/10 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
the company is called cc tuning in Burton on Trent so I doubt anyone has used them.

Their website talks about custom ecu remaps mainly so I emailed them yesterday with details of my car.

The chap who runs the place phoned me up today very interested in the car and wanted to know specifically what I needed doing (in depth details of my carb and ignition setup) before he agreed that he would be able to deal with it.

All in all he gave the impression of being helpful and knowledgeable. If anyone has any other recommendations that are within an hours drive of Burton then I'm all ears.

I guess from the lack of comments that the hourly rates are quite reasonable.

Craig

coozer

posted on 1/4/10 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Go the extra mile Craig and take it to Bogg Brothers.

They set them up originally.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

cd.thomson

posted on 1/4/10 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Go the extra mile Craig and take it to Bogg Brothers.

They set them up originally.

I seriously want to but I'm looking at £100s on top for trailer hire and fuel costs as well as my dad having to take a day off work so its just not feasible.

I know exactly where youre coming from though.

Craig

Hammerhead

posted on 1/4/10 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
I think Geoff Bloor has a rolling road based in Notts. been doing it donkeys years as far as I know. Not used him myself though.
brianthemagical

posted on 1/4/10 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
There's always Aldon Automotive down by Dudley. Depending on what set-up you've got they pretty darn mint with Mini's.
StrikerChris

posted on 1/4/10 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
well if they sounded good to you try them and report back!cant help on prices except the one by me charges £40 for a run and printout which curiosity has been bugging me to do,but as there's nowt to adjust on my motor its probably £40 to leave me disappointed,on the other hand....
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
m8kwr

posted on 1/4/10 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
I have used Hi Tech, many years ago

Hi Tech

They setup my Westfield, 2.0 8v VX, hayabusa tb, omex

Cash only, as I can remember, since i had no cash on me, they let me take the car (after it was done), to go and get the cash.

I think i paid around £250ish, and that was about half a day, but is going back several years.

I was in your position, a few other places I went to seemed to want a blank cheque.

I went with these, as they had setup the omex before, and had experience.

mcerd1

posted on 1/4/10 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
if you send the carb's to bogg bros. they jet them well enough to get you on the road (so I'm told anyway - mine are still untried....) - then you can drive it up there for its run on the rollers

-

cd.thomson

posted on 1/4/10 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
if you send the carb's to bogg bros. they jet them well enough to get you on the road (so I'm told anyway - mine are still untried....) - then you can drive it up there for its run on the rollers

not pre-IVA I can't and I dont want the car on the IVA rollers with a risk of it running lean or too rich for the emissions test.

I know what bogg do, they drill the main jets out to 1.7mm which I can do myself!

Craig

mcerd1

posted on 1/4/10 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
ok, so do you know a decent local MOT place that you can take it to pre-IVA ?

that way you know the emissions are right, and rollers can wait till you can drive it there

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.