Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Imperial fasteners - suppliers ?
zilspeed

posted on 17/4/10 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Imperial fasteners - suppliers ?

Much as I always like to save the odd pfennig or three, it seems desirable to replace all the crummy old imperial bolts when I start reassembling the Sylva (now a bare chassis awaiting blasting.)

Any recommended suppliers for buying a sort of jumbo selection box of imperial sized fasteners ?

where I get to choose a new fastener on any of the altered bits, I've went all avant garde and chosen metric stuff.

There's nothing better than a car assembled from a variety of metric / UNC / UNF / WTF fasteners.

iank

posted on 17/4/10 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
Much as I always like to save the odd pfennig or three, it seems desirable to replace all the crummy old imperial bolts when I start reassembling the Sylva (now a bare chassis awaiting blasting.)

Any recommended suppliers for buying a sort of jumbo selection box of imperial sized fasteners ?

where I get to choose a new fastener on any of the altered bits, I've went all avant garde and chosen metric stuff.

I got a big bag of HT UNF from Namrick
http://www.namrick.co.uk/browse.asp?PCID=14

They also do BSF, UNC, BSW. No WTF though

quote:

There's nothing better than a car assembled from a variety of metric / UNC / UNF / WTF fasteners.

Shudder been there, doing that.

[Edited on 17/4/10 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

gazza285

posted on 17/4/10 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
I'm rebuilding one of the forklifts at work, its a 1978 Cat V150, the Perkins engine is UNF/UNC, the tranny is metric/metric fine and the chassis is an eclectic mix of the two. All the bolts were segregated, until they reached the washer bath where they all got tipped in together.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.