Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Shame on Red Bull
britishtrident

posted on 31/5/10 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
Shame on Red Bull

I used to have a lot of respect for the Red Bull ownership and management no longer.

Personally I will be boycotting Red Bull products.

At least we now have a nickname for Vettel --- "Finger Boy". Rescued attachment fghgf.jpg
Rescued attachment fghgf.jpg

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Miks15

posted on 31/5/10 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure its fair to completely blame red bull.

I think it was just vettel getting frustrated at thinking he was the fastest, and he may have been, but not being patient.

Webber had a cracking race up til then, fending off pressure from hamilton for alot of the race.

john_p_b

posted on 31/5/10 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
Vettel showed his immaturity and arrogance yesterday in thinking webber should just move over. I think Christian and the rest of the team should have had the balls to just come out with saying it was not webbers fault.

As for eddie jordan's view on it, I truely believe the BBC shouldn't renew his contract as he has no value to his views what so ever!

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

Humbug

posted on 31/5/10 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
From what I saw on the news, Hamilton and Button almost did the same thing, but got away with it...
Tipster69

posted on 31/5/10 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

There are 2 sides to the coin (and I am much more a fan of Webber than Vettel).

From a viewers point, yes it was definitely Vettels fault entirely for pulling right, into the path of Webber.

But looking from the teams perspective, it would be Webbers fault.

Because even though they allow them to race. It is with pretext that they allow each other room, and if one gets a clear run on the other (as in this case), then the other should give them room.

I don't agree with it, but if them are "their rules" then it looks like Webbers fault.

[Edited on 31/5/10 by Tipster69]

GMPMotorsport

posted on 31/5/10 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by john_p_b
Vettel showed his immaturity and arrogance yesterday in thinking webber should just move over. I think Christian and the rest of the team should have had the balls to just come out with saying it was not webbers fault.

As for eddie jordan's view on it, I truely believe the BBC shouldn't renew his contract as he has no value to his views what so ever!

Eddie Jordan is a K*ob and always will be he always has the opposite view to everyone else just to be awkward. IMO.
As for the race best one so far!

www.gmpdevelopments.co.uk
www.gmpmotorsport.co.uk
ARDS Instructer.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mccsp

posted on 31/5/10 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
How much room is enough room. It was tight, but they were side by side and Vettel was not on the grass, therefore, he had enough room. I am quite sure that had they made it closer to the corner, Webber would have swung wide for better braking or to try and get a better exit/cut under Vettel if he ran deep. Vettel was just impatient and knew that he would have to brake quite a bit earlier given the level of dirt on the inside, and that in doing so Webber would maintain the lead, either that or brake latter and go straight on!

I can see the point regarding room, but when is it just too much room and not racing!

Why do it the easy way, when I can do things my way!

Daddylonglegs

posted on 31/5/10 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Finger Boy
Finger Boy

Shame that finger wasn't loaded

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

designer

posted on 31/5/10 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
In a couple of years time Vettel will be, without a doubt, the best in the business.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Tipster69

posted on 31/5/10 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
In a couple of years time Vettel will be, without a doubt, the best in the business.

He seems to lack overtaking ability, whereas Lewis has the ability by the bucket load.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Daddylonglegs

posted on 31/5/10 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
The term 'Devil's Advocate' springs to mind .....

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 31/5/10 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Boycott Redbull....... I stopped buying it when it went from 89p to 139p
It seem to take a big jump in price when the gp team came in to existance. Dont get wrong they do a lot of advertising..and support xtreme sports but its a load of cash for 6pence worth of flavoured water

Tipster69

posted on 31/5/10 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
The term 'Devil's Advocate' springs to mind .....

Hi,

I can't argue that Vettel isn't fast, he definately is, but for me he doesn't have the full package.

Prior to this season has Mark Webber stood out as a fantastic future world champ driver? I wouldn't say so yet he seems to be getting the better of Vettel.

There are others out there better than him in my opinion, (Kubica being one of them).

I mean he couldn't even get by his team mate who will "obviously" not be as aggressive as any of the other drivers on the track against him, and don't forget they are in the same car but Webber had to turn his engine down.

That is only one example, if you look back over his F1 career there are quite a few others.

Jon Ison

posted on 31/5/10 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
From what I saw on the news, Hamilton and Button almost did the same thing, but got away with it...

Got away with what ? Both drivers raced but gave each other room to race. You watch and listen to to much news......

eddie99

posted on 31/5/10 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Vettel lost a lot of my respect in doing that move. We cant however now say that he isn't a good driver, because unto now this season, he has raced very well and been really unlucky on a few occasions.

I can understand both sides of the argument, and if mclaren hadn't had that fun near the end, one side of the argument wouldn't be there. They showed that team mates can race and should be able to race against each other but do allow more room.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Ninehigh

posted on 31/5/10 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
Boycott red bull? Why not, go to Tesco and get their own version. Tastes just as nasty, has about the same wake-up properties and comes in a litre for 80-odd pence.

scootz

posted on 31/5/10 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Red Bull... urghh!

I used to force a can down and munch a banana before playing rugby.... the real world equivalent of swallowing a 'power-pill' in the video game Doom and going on a 'Berserker'!

It's Evolution Baby!

Tipster69

posted on 31/5/10 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
We cant however now say that he isn't a good driver, because unto now this season, he has raced very well and been really unlucky on a few occasions.

Hi,

There is no doubting he is a good driver, one of the best. But definitely not "the" best.

He will probably win a world championship at some point. But his car will need to be starting from the front as he has shown in the past (not just yesterday) he is not the greatest at making his way through a competitive field.

gottabedone

posted on 31/5/10 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
Button and Hamilton did get away with it because they banged front tyres before they were told to pack it in - nice moves though
As for Vettel, the Telegraph are stirring up the waters again with their report on the Vettel Webber spat

Tipster69

posted on 31/5/10 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
From the link above:

Quote:
Lewis Hamilton, who profited from the collision, pointed out that Vettel had done a similar thing to him earlier in the race. “He was so aggressive as he tried to turn into me, but fortunately I had enough space,” Hamilton said. “It was the exact same thing as he did to Mark.”

It looked like Lewis and Webber were talking about this during the press conference, you can clearly see Webber making hand movements depicting a movement into the side of him.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 31/5/10 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
Boycott red bull? Why not, go to Tesco and get their own version. Tastes just as nasty, has about the same wake-up properties and comes in a litre for 80-odd pence.

Suppose it is easy to get sucked in by a major brand......and all the do being good.

Kwik

posted on 31/5/10 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
im sorry but im going to have to do an eddie jordan here...

look at the reply from vetels car and him in the cockpit. watch his steering wheel, there are some twitches as they all do at full speed (same from webbers cockpit) but at no point does vetel steer into mark...

i think it was a dodgey camera angle and they where both gradually getting closer to each other...

but iv never had respect for vetel, arrogant little ***

Tipster69

posted on 31/5/10 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Using the same benchmark on webbers car, yes he is moving "slightly" from left to right (same camera angle), but it is much more severe for Vettel and clear to see in the last image how much more Vettel deviates.

Anyway Eddie, were do you get them shirts from?

RK

posted on 31/5/10 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Remind you of anyone in years gone by? At least this time, he had the decency to try to run into his own teamate and not someone else. This is what drivers are taught in Deutschland obviously. ACtually, it goes back farther than that. A certain Brazilian god used to do it regularly to A. Prost and lots of others. "I don't care if you have the line, I want it - move over."

[Edited on 31/5/10 by RK]

Kwik

posted on 31/5/10 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
what about the turbulant air turning vetels car into webber?

and the fact that vetel looked more in blame initially because hes the one who dramaticly lost controll of the car, and looked like he crashed...

i think theres a lot more to it than vetel being over ambitious in the overtake, and if i where webber, i would have pulled further to the right as i would see vetel is clearly faster with the tow, then took him in 2 corners time when i had the inside, like button did on hammi...

and if i was the managment at redbull i would put them both in the same room, and have a right bollocking at both of them, then show them the mclarren manuvers to show how it should be done... maybe shouted more at vetel

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.