Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What to do with supercharger
Benzine

posted on 10/6/10 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
What to do with supercharger

I have an Eaton M62. I bought it second hand but it was new, I've used it for about a minute in total. The problem is that something got into it before I used it, swarf/grit or something and now it's got some scratches on the rotors.

What are my options? Can it be repaired? How much difference will having a few scratches make?

Does anyone want to buy a supercharger?

Scratches

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ben_Copeland

posted on 10/6/10 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Give ya a tenner for it

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

big_wasa

posted on 10/6/10 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
twenty

The blades are coated, I doubt there is any thing you can do. Just run it and suck it and see.

[Edited on 10/6/10 by big_wasa]

eddie99

posted on 10/6/10 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
I'll give you £25

[Edited on 10/6/10 by eddie99]

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
BenB

posted on 10/6/10 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
It'll make a small difference because the Eaton has coated blades so they can run at close tolerances. you'll inevitable loose a bit of boost with scratches like those. But probably not a lot!!!

I must admit the M45 that I bought had similar ones. It's hardly surprising- the air gap between the rotas is so small, even the smallest bit of fine grity dust will do it.

Eaton probably could re-coat the blades but I expect it would be cheaper to just get a new one!!!!

eddie99

posted on 10/6/10 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Actually i say chuck it on the bay as a codename starting at 99p and U2U me the link. That'll do just fine.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
iank

posted on 10/6/10 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Don't some eaton's suffer from the blade coating's peeling off (some of the MINI ones do iirc). If so then those scratches may cause the coating to peel and be ingested by the engine.

I'd call Eaton and talk to them about your options.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Stuart_B

posted on 10/6/10 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
they do replacement rotors.

i saw a set on ebay the other day brand new.

when i look for supercharges, enough idea what i will not get insured on.lol

stuart

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

tegwin

posted on 10/6/10 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Being a bit of a "bodge and see" kinda guy... provided the damage was nothing major I would strip out the scrolls and carefully file/polish off any raised lips etc.. and re-assemble and then use it with more care next time!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Benzine

posted on 11/6/10 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info everyone

£200 if anyone wants it, I paid more than double that. It's got uprated bearings too.

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.