Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: speeding tickets
blakep82

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
speeding tickets

if you get caught be a mobile speeding camera, how long does it usually take to get the letter through the post?

my speedomenter was reading 85mph, which on sat nav was 77mph, it was down hill on an empty motorway. 1 lorry way off in the distance. came round a corner, there was the camera on the bridge. speeding yes, but hardly a murder

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

rayward

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
prett sure they have to send you a letter within 14 days

hth

Ray

blakep82

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
hmm, was 2 and a half weeks ago now.
maybe looking alright then?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

turbodisplay

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Subtract a few percent for cosine error + allowance. A genuine 77 will prob read as 75 at the van end.

Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
As stated, 14 days is the time limit, but if it drops through your door in 16 you'd struggle to argue that. 21 days is generally when I feel safe after thinking I may have been caught.

ACPO guidlines are 10% +2mph so over 79 is where you are likely to get done for.

I'd sleep easy if I were you.

blakep82

posted on 22/6/10 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
good time
wasn't particularly worried. i'd been overtaken by someone doing about 100mph not long before. not had a ticket in 10 years of driving either, so no hugely concerned. would just have been a bit of an inconvinience

BenB

posted on 22/6/10 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
I thought it was that it has to be within a fixed time frame unless there's a good reason why it isn't (which is open to interpretation!).
BenB

posted on 22/6/10 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Here we go:

....where the police could not with reasonable diligence have ascertained the name and address of the accused in time for service of the summons or notice within the 14 day period, or the accused contributed to such failure.

So they can submit after 14 days if they can come up with some C+B story about not being able to find your details.

blakep82

posted on 22/6/10 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
the car's registered to my dad, with a perfectly clear and legal number plate on the front and back, and we both live at the same address. there's no way they couldn't have found me easily

r1_pete

posted on 22/6/10 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
I think you can breath again, but let that be a lesson to you

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scoop

posted on 22/6/10 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Yes its 14 days to serve you an N.I.P, Notice of Intended Prosecution, after that you can argue that its an abuse of process. If you did get one it would have been for that offence not murder as you hadnt killed anyone, unless you want to tell us about it?

[Edited on 22/6/10 by scoop]

blakep82

posted on 22/6/10 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
well.... i did go back and murder the man in the van, then set fire to the van will that be an issue?

scootz

posted on 22/6/10 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
77mph??? On the Queens highway???

I'm going to write to the Mayor of London and Esther Rantzen about this!!!

Hanging's too good for you Blake! I will suggest you receive a chinese burn for your flagrant disregard for the laws of the land!

It's Evolution Baby!

blakep82

posted on 22/6/10 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz

Hanging's too good for you Blake! I will suggest you receive a chinese burn for your flagrant disregard for the laws of the land!

don't worry, i've already shot myself in the head

scootz

posted on 22/6/10 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
Tchoaaa... your frivolous disregard towards taking this matter seriously has left me with no other option. I'll be contacting Jeremy Kyle ASAP, recommending that you also get a (two-man) wedgie to run consecutively with your chinese burn!

It's Evolution Baby!

blakep82

posted on 22/6/10 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
aw what?! jeremy kyle? does that mean my missus has to get preganant, by either me or another guy so we don't know who it was, and then reveal i've been at it with him too? followed by the all important DNA/lie detector test? this is getting a bit much. wish i just had a ticket

jossey

posted on 22/6/10 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
the NIP (notice of intended prosecution) needs to be posted within 14 days of the ticket. as long as your car is registered at your address you should have got it by now. so dont worry.

most of the video vans are set to 79 this is 10% plus 2 which most counties give you as standard. unless your in north lincs who will prosecute on 10% plus 1 which is a pain.

anyway hope all goes well.

if they date the NIP after the 14 days then it is un enforcable.

dave j

grub

posted on 22/6/10 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
i would bet that you dont ear owt
Ninehigh

posted on 22/6/10 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:

don't worry, i've already shot myself in the head

Shot in the head? Chinese burn? How dare you redneck racist Land-Rover driving fascists suggest a punishment that might actually deter someone! Blake I sentence you to be told how to drive without offending anyone.

Yeah it's 14 days, and the letter would go to your dad. I'd make sure with him

alexcraiggtv

posted on 22/6/10 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah its 10% + 2mph so you'll be ok. as long as it was 77 and not 80
Ive been on one of those speed aware courses and was talking to a motorway traffic cop about it.

Not yet KATO!

scootz

posted on 22/6/10 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
... and the letter would go to your Dad who will no-doubt give you a right spanking for your indiscretion.

Agreed!

It's Evolution Baby!

bigpig

posted on 22/6/10 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
NIP is 14 days to post. Its up to 6 months if they can find an excuse for it not going out in 6 months.

A recent case saw the proof of posting not being sufficient to validate you received the NIP though.

I would have thought 77mph is a bit borderline. Depends on if you were around one of the more stringent regions.

Ninehigh

posted on 22/6/10 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
... and the letter would go to your Dad who will no-doubt give you a right spanking for your indiscretion.

Agreed!

Hey, I've been misquoted!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.