Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Massa's mate - Alonso
pajsh

posted on 10/9/10 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Massa's mate - Alonso

Quote from the report on the Ferrari team orders hearing.

"The report also revealed that a few laps before the radio communication where Rob Smedley informed Massa that Alonso was faster than him, both drivers had been ordered to turn their engines down – before the Spaniard was allowed to turn his up again.

"Alonso increased his engine speed without Mr Felipe Massa's being informed," revealed the FIA document. "Mr Fernando Alonso was therefore benefiting from a definite performance advantage over Mr Felipe Massa in the moments preceding the contentious overtaking."

So that's why he was faster!!

Nice to know you can trust your team mate. Devious spanish bar steward.

I used to be apathetic but now I just don't care.

mrwibble

posted on 10/9/10 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
don't get me started on this. team orders ruin a spectator sport.
Alfa145

posted on 10/9/10 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Its not a sport its a business, sod the spectator.
scootz

posted on 10/9/10 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
F1 is not a sport, nor a competition.

It is just a spectacle... nothing more!

The inconsistencies of rule interpretation and the subsequent punishments is just a (very bad) joke!

It's Evolution Baby!

Vindi_andy

posted on 10/9/10 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pajsh
Quote from the report on the Ferrari team orders hearing.

"The report also revealed that a few laps before the radio communication where Rob Smedley informed Massa that Alonso was faster than him, both drivers had been ordered to turn their engines down – before the Spaniard was allowed to turn his up again.

"Alonso increased his engine speed without Mr Felipe Massa's being informed," revealed the FIA document. "Mr Fernando Alonso was therefore benefiting from a definite performance advantage over Mr Felipe Massa in the moments preceding the contentious overtaking."

So that's why he was faster!!

Nice to know you can trust your team mate. Devious spanish bar steward.

Forget trusting your team mate what about your TEAM as they are ultimately the ones that made the decision to ALLOW alonso to turn his engine back up

mrwibble

posted on 10/9/10 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
turning this or that up. sod off. get a car, add a driver, have a race. no computers, no predictions for pit stops or yellow flags, the man the car his skill. grrrrrrrrr
myke pocock

posted on 10/9/10 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
mrwibble, you need to go back to grass roots type motorsport to get away from blatant manipulation of the rules and even there the playing field can have a slight tilt at times. Have a look at some of the things that go on in karting for a start. Me synical? Whatever gave you that idea?
I will stick to my classic trialling, PCA's and PCT's.

David Jenkins

posted on 10/9/10 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
I watched some Caterham championship racing on the TV a while back - exciting to watch, very clean driving, and very entertaining.

I'd watch that instead of F1 any day

expatkiwi

posted on 10/9/10 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
mrwibble, you need to go back to grass roots type motorsport to get away from blatant manipulation of the rules and even there the playing field can have a slight tilt at times. Have a look at some of the things that go on in karting for a start. Me synical? Whatever gave you that idea?
I will stick to my classic trialling, PCA's and PCT's.

This is why I do grassroots(sprints and rallies) The competitiveness is still there but everyone generally has a good day

I have decided to call my Westfeild "The Caterhammer" Hopefully it will

iank

posted on 10/9/10 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
I will never happen (due to economics) but a lot of that kind of nonsense would be solved by only letting them have one car+driver.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

mrwibble

posted on 10/9/10 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
all of those who comment its a business not a sport, and its a spectacle not a spectator sport i know your right. And indeed i would be very interested in watching, caterham, 7s, 750mc whatever if i had it on tele or in person, or even touring cars.

but F1 is still the pinacle of motorsport, the fastest cars, the most skilled drivers (i know someone will disagree here) the very peak of what is possible in a racing car. and it is just such a shame, that it has been tainted, and twisted and in no small part Bernies fault, by massive business advertising interests from what was once a glorious sport undertaken by none but the bravest. admittedly modern engineering has played its part in making (some) races very boring indeed, but when Hamilton pulls out an overtake on alonso or whoever, i still stand up and shout at the tele...

I just wish they'd give me more of those moments, and alonso attacking massa could of been one of those.

designer

posted on 10/9/10 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
F1 is a travelling circus, nothing more nothing less.

It's rubbish!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 10/9/10 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
"F1 is still the pinacle of motorsport, the fastest cars, the most skilled drivers (i know someone will disagree here) the very peak of what is possible in a racing car"

I went to see an indy car race last year. All cars equal so 33 changes of lead, and excitment from start to finish.

Don't forget. the world's greatest driver has never driven a reacing car.

Why? Because his family could not afford to get him into one!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 10/9/10 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrwibble
But F1 is still the pinacle of motorsport, the fastest cars...

Fastest round an F1 track! Even then, I'm sure they could go faster still if they would allow a free-reign to the engineers. I would love a return to the days where we saw 6 wheeled cars and cars with big fans and turbos on them!

Just give them a set of car dimensions that they must work within and then let all the budding Chapmans loose...

It's Evolution Baby!

mrwibble

posted on 10/9/10 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
still 180mph average speed around spa? u want much faster?

turbo v12 1000bhp killers...?

[Edited on 10/9/10 by mrwibble]

carpmart

posted on 10/9/10 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Picking up on Scootz thread, I would like to see them give a fixed amount of fuel and then relax lots of other rules! So turbo's are back in as are energy recovery systems etc.

This would lead to innovation which would benefit everyone as it filters into road cars as the efficiency vs performance conundrum will be addressed by some VERY clever people in the F1 paddock!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

designer

posted on 11/9/10 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
I saw Rosberg rocketing around Silverstone in his turbo Williams, years ago. THAT was driving.

I agree. Give them a fixed amount of fuel, no wings, just like Mike Cosworth put forward years ago.

For F1 to be a true race, the cars should fall apart just as they pass the finish line. What would you think if Usain Bolt passed the tape and was not panting?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.