Blitz
Other

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which induction brand
l0rd

posted on 17/9/10 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Which induction brand

I am installing an induction kit on my clio when i get back.

I have sourced the appropriate K&N kit but the filter is a bit damaged but, go it really cheapish so i don't mind and now i am thinking what sort of filter to use.

What do you lot think?

What is the best brand?

Can you put in order yout top 5 brands?

StrikerChris

posted on 17/9/10 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
No idea whick is best but i do know Green was seriously loud when fitted to my mates saxo(back in my chav days!)would do my head in now!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
will121

posted on 17/9/10 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
personally dont think its as simple as a single 'best brand' fits all, some of the cheaper ones may flow as good as the likes of pipercross/K&N but not filter any where near as well, but tis may not be a great issue if doing low milage, also things seemed to moved on from just a basic exposed cone filter to more of an enclosed type trying to take better control over cold air feed. ultimatly in terms of BHP gain bet there wont be a noticable differance between any of them (apart from sound faster!!)
Finally i did do a back to back RR test on my 2litre Fiesta between standard air box, K&N replacement panel filter and a pipercross cone and ther was about 8BHP gain from standard to cone filter, ive got the graphs some where will try and find

l0rd

posted on 17/9/10 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
So the cone filter was better after all

I don't do it due to sound or anything. I want to do it so i can avoid paying the replacement filters ever so often and a few bhp would be welcomed if any.

What was your setup though?

Standard K&N panel filter

and then pipercross cone filter exposed to engine bay? heatshielded? relocated?

imp paul

posted on 17/9/10 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
itg as its not full of red oil lol and will not upset airflow sensor as used by lots of race teams also on clio cup cars as my pal preps them for racing hope this mite help http://www.itgairfilters.com/index.asp

[Edited on 17/9/10 by imp paul]

will121

posted on 17/9/10 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by l0rd
So the cone filter was better after all

I don't do it due to sound or anything. I want to do it so i can avoid paying the replacement filters ever so often and a few bhp would be welcomed if any.

What was your setup though?

Standard K&N panel filter

and then pipercross cone filter exposed to engine bay? heatshielded? relocated?

mine had the cone filter relocated and a cold air feed through the grill but no heat shielding.
ive found the RR results

col

posted on 17/9/10 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Ive had kn filters and green filters both exellent........the green bellowed when i had my clio williams....very chavy,but i loved it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.