Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommend me tin top insurance
Andybarbet

posted on 11/11/10 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
Recommend me tin top insurance

Ok, premium renewal through from elephant today, its gone up from £460 to £775 !!

Im 37, clean licence for 20 years, one non fault accident (someone drove into the back of me), ten year old SAAB 95 2.3 litre (baby one not the aero) worth about £2000 max. Normally have breakdown cover included but may do that seperately if its cheaper.

Anyone got a recommendation because im sick of filling in info on these compare sites now.

Best ive managed to get is about £500 without breakdown cover.

Secondly, can you recommend breakdown cover at a sensible price ? tesco were good apparently but they now state car has to be no older than 10 years old !

Cheers Andy

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

austin man

posted on 11/11/10 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
my bank Natwest gave me the best quote on my Golf GTI turbo just under £500 fully comp

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Dangle_kt

posted on 11/11/10 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
I didn't do the quote on SWMBO's car, but it was up from 500 to 750 this year, due to our postcode being re graded.

And that was after shopping round. Ins is on the up all over at the moment. read its approx 20% increase on average this year.

McLannahan

posted on 12/11/10 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
I did loads of shopping around for mine this year. Swiftcover was recommended on here and in the end I plumped for that. 2Gether were cheap again but SC were quick and easy to setup - all my docs are correct and it was only a few pounds more than 2Gether.

My insurance is now £327 (well about 3 weeks ago?) for my Passat Sport TDi 130. I live in a low risk postcode and I'm 34 with a clean licence and max no claims.

meany

posted on 12/11/10 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Obviously everyone is different but " Keith Michaels" does mine.
bmseven

posted on 12/11/10 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
And for Recovery Autonational

BMW 7 Resource
Bures Pit anyone?

Andybarbet

posted on 12/11/10 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the info guys, swiftcover have quoted £401 fully comp with legal cover, courtesy car etc.

Thats more like it

Just for the record too, Autonational are really well priced for breakdown cover, looks like i will be joining them now.

Cheers Andy

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.