Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: NASCAR champion Tony Stewart hits, kills driver in upstate N.Y. dirt-track race
jossey

posted on 10/8/14 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
NASCAR champion Tony Stewart hits, kills driver in upstate N.Y. dirt-track race

Link

Not sure about this but he does seem to steer into him....

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 10/8/14 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell not good
RIP

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ashg

posted on 10/8/14 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
watched the video and cant understand why he didnt get out the car and go left off the track, seems like madness to walk into the middle of the track with cars going that fast even if you are pissed off with the guy that hit you

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Minicooper

posted on 10/8/14 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
He shouldn't be standing in the middle of a race track, even though the race was under the safety flag the cars would still be going fairly fast

David

gingerprince

posted on 10/8/14 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Don't think he steered into him. Looks like the car jerked to the side when he hit him.

REALLY shouldn't have been standing in the middle of the track, angry as he may have been. Sadly as suicidal as it looks

jossey

posted on 10/8/14 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Very sad how ever it happened.

Such a shame.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

bi22le

posted on 10/8/14 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
I dont know this form of racing but do wonder that if its like many other american sports there is a theatre and specticle to be had.

The getting out of the car and pointing at the driver must be a normal thing considering it was quite a mundane "squeeze" into the barrier.

Standing in the middle of the track is not a safe place to be.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

BenB

posted on 11/8/14 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
Well if that can happen under the safety car they need to look at their safety car regulations. How about "you stay in the car unless it's on fire". WTF.... What a crazy way for a death to occur. Regardless of where any fault may lie, that situation should simply not be able to occur in an "organised" sport.
scootz

posted on 11/8/14 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Walking into racing traffic whilst wearing a dark suit at a night-time event is not the brightest thing to do!

It's Evolution Baby!

David Jenkins

posted on 11/8/14 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Especially with those cars - if you watch them racing they're bouncing around, almost always sliding to one side or the other, and generally look barely under control. It's a combination of a monstrous engine, short wheelbase and barely any weight.

As said above, you don't want to be a pedestrian amongst those things.

bigfoot4616

posted on 11/8/14 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Well if that can happen under the safety car they need to look at their safety car regulations. How about "you stay in the car unless it's on fire". WTF.... What a crazy way for a death to occur. Regardless of where any fault may lie, that situation should simply not be able to occur in an "organised" sport.

no amount of regulation can stop a driver getting out and walking into traffic though if he really wants to.

usually drivers do stay in the cars, or move away from the traffic.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.