Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Project SD1!
Simon

posted on 4/5/23 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Project SD1!

The car is remarkably solid but scruffy/badly painted etc so I'm restoring it (on the drive)

I'm going to have to prepare and finish parts of my car for paint such as all the closure points inside doors, tailgate, bonnet but also engine bay before I get to do the main body. It's going to be done mostly outside as garage rather full but will protect areas being painted.

So, who do you recommend for paint supplies (moonraker blue) etc. Have a compressor and will treat myself to an HVLP gun at some point

Cheers

cliftyhanger

posted on 5/5/23 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote
Paint is a million dollar question. I tend to use 2K, but have a (ghetto) air fed mask.

I use Jawel paints, though they can be picy on some stuff. Nowhere near as expensive as top end branded stuff though.
I had some hopeless paint from one ebay seller. It would not polish to a shine at all. But was only £20 a litre. Still useless.

Mr Whippy

posted on 5/5/23 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
If your going to paint it outside it might be an idea to buy a gazebo, even second hand just to try and reduce the amount of dust and bugs that get stuck in the paint. Tbh I'd just empty the garage into the garden for all the time it will take vs fixing the paint if done outside.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 5/5/23 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
If your going to paint it outside it might be an idea to buy a gazebo, even second hand just to try and reduce the amount of dust and bugs that get stuck in the paint. Tbh I'd just empty the garage into the garden for all the time it will take vs fixing the paint if done outside.

Yeah I got a free frame that needs reshaping but plastic sheet and duct tape will work wonders

quote:
Originally posted by cliftyhanger
Paint is a million dollar question. I tend to use 2K, but have a (ghetto) air fed mask.

I use Jawel paints, though they can be picy on some stuff. Nowhere near as expensive as top end branded stuff though.
I had some hopeless paint from one ebay seller. It would not polish to a shine at all. But was only £20 a litre. Still useless.

Looks good - quite a lot of info on the website too.

Cheers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.