Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bleedin' Community Support Officers
PaulBuz

posted on 7/12/06 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Mister grumpy
Could you please clear up something for me that I've always wondered about?

Were you bullied at school?

ATB
Paul

omega 24 v6

posted on 7/12/06 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Were you bullied at school?

ROFPMSL

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

mistergrumpy

posted on 7/12/06 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Nope. They wouldn't dare. Lets get this right, I can't and wouldn't issue parking tickets and in fact don't issue tickets for the the other stuff. I just think it creates a rift in the community I work in, which I really don't need as its not a particularly police friendly area. Its a good job but just a step to getting into the police, I need the work after coming out of the RAF after 7 years. I'm an aircraft, weapons and explosives man by trade and there's not much call for my skills outside in a legal capacity. So no I'm no little Hitler but I have gotta say as above I would just stop parking where I shouldn't. Its not rant by the way, just don't want you to think I'm a miserable sod, Grumpy maybe but I wouldn't take it out on other people. Feel free to carry on though, I won't take it to heart

spunky

posted on 7/12/06 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Only posted this thread to have a quick rant about PCSO. No need to get personal

Anyway since i'm here, an update.
Had a look around Blockbusters after some research... and guess what. the yellow lines are incomplete...

'The form of signs and road markings are prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 (the Regulations). The Diagrams showing single and double yellow lines are 1017 and 1018 respectively. Both clearly show a T-bar at one end of the yellow line(s). The tables under the Diagrams, at item 4, contain the entry, "Permitted variants: None".

The Regulations therefore permit no variation to the form of the yellow line(s) as shown in the Diagrams, and a T-bar must appear wherever the yellow line stops and starts, for whatever reason. The road markings in question do not conform to this prescribed form and thus have no legal force whatsoever. They terminate at a point where there are no further restrictions in force but do not have the prescribed T bar ending. This violates both the regulations and usual practice. For this reason any parking tickets given on this stretch of road cannot be valid.'

Strike one.

Now then, mistergrumpy, your councel if you would be so kind.

Am I correct in thinking that the ticket must be completed accurately and completely?
You see, probably due to my interruption, above mentioned poolice cuntstable has omitted to fill in the times that I was 'allegedly' commiting this offence

So according to this ticket I wasn't there for any time and yet have been charged with 'waiting'

If so
Strike two...

John

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

mistergrumpy

posted on 8/12/06 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
I'm genuinely not taking it personal or having a rant just don't want people to think I'm a totally miserable sod,But if they do fine. Totally chilled. I'll try and ask a copper today about the ticket because like I say I can't issue them, but yeah, totally, you're entitled to your day in court. I'll let you know later.

Macbeast

posted on 8/12/06 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
Think you probably were lucky not to be reported for leaving your keys in the ignition
mistergrumpy

posted on 8/12/06 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Right. I couldn't pin a police officer down but spoke to a special and an ex traffic warden and they seem to think that you're on to a winner if they've not filled the ticket out right. My only thing would be that the officer is legally obliged to enter the ticket details into his own notebook, so the time will be there but seemingly this shouldn't overly matter. The ticket was written wrongly. Keep us updated, I'll be interested to know how you get on.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.