Author: Subject: Post your daily route
l0rd

posted on 5/8/09 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Post your daily route

Driving from Gloucester towards Trowbridge
down M5 exit towards M4
down M4 exit on A46
Down A46 to A4 leading on A363
If anyone see a Grey Renault Laguna driving slowly on the 1st lane that's me.

ChrisW

posted on 5/8/09 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
I get out of bed, go for a P, stop by the kitchen for a cuppa, then sit down at my desk. 5 minutes from pillow to keyboard!

Working for myself rules

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
l0rd

posted on 5/8/09 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Is that why you need a Viento?

Just kidding

[Edited on 5/8/09 by l0rd]

prawnabie

posted on 6/8/09 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Mines m5 jct, all the way up to the m6, off at m6 jct 10 then about 5 mins of dual carriageway!
Guinness

posted on 6/8/09 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
I get out of bed, go for a P, walk down two flghts of stairs, stop by the kitchen for a cuppa, then sit down at my desk. 5 minutes from pillow to keyboard!

Working for myself rules!

Mike

owelly

posted on 6/8/09 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
A171 from High Hawsker through Whitby and up on to the A169. Big grins for 10 minutes and then arrive at work.....

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
spdpug98

posted on 6/8/09 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
I work from home but spend 3 days a week on site, Blue Passat that can be seen on either M27, M3, M4, M5, M40, M25, M1 and all A roads in the vicinity!!!

Today is Banbury then onto Oxford then shoot down the M4 to Cwmbran and then Hotel booked in Neath - busy day!!

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

bilbo

posted on 6/8/09 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
I get out of bed, go for a P, walk down one flights of stairs, stop by the kitchen for a cuppa, then sit down at my desk. 5 minutes from pillow to keyboard!

Working for a company that allows home working rules......
Except.....usually in my job it's more like:
Get out of bed at 03:30am, get in the car and drive southbound on A46, then M1, M69, M6, M42 arriving at Birmingham Airport. Then, it's the red-eye to Schiphol (Amsterdam), then usually a little wait, followed by a cramped long haul flight to whichever part of the world my firm thinks I'm needed.
And don't think this jet set life is glamorous. Long hours, rubbish long flights (always in economy), dodgy taxi drivers, rubbish cheap hotels, and of course weeks away from home.

---------------------------------------

Build Diary: http://bills-locost.blogspot.com/
Web Site: http://locost.atspace.com

nick205

posted on 6/8/09 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote

I get out of bed, go for a P, walk down stairs, stop by the kitchen for a cuppa, then sit down at my desk. 5 minutes from pillow to keyboard!

Working from home rules!

....Alternatively I get up early, crawl into the car and take to the M3 or A34 and head off to visit customers located anywhere in the UK. Lots of miles, but then I'm quite happy on my own in the car choosing which phone calls to take/ignore

nick205

posted on 6/8/09 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spdpug98
I work from home but spend 3 days a week on site, Blue Passat that can be seen on either M27, M3, M4, M5, M40, M25, M1 and all A roads in the vicinity!!!

Today is Banbury then onto Oxford then shoot down the M4 to Cwmbran and then Hotel booked in Neath - busy day!!

Might have seen you tooling about in that case I'd be in the bright red passat, usually in a hurry

BTW - what do you do?

Chaz

posted on 6/8/09 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Get out of my bed (which IS my desk!).

Nothing like military efficiency!

jollygreengiant

posted on 6/8/09 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Anywhere in the uk starting from Rushden. Usually when the roads are empty.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

need4speed

posted on 6/8/09 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Local roads to the A428 St neots then A14 untill A12 nothbound, then upto Martlesham.

Dave

David Jenkins

posted on 6/8/09 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Leave home, drive for 10 minutes through the back lanes of Suffolk to Manningtree station, sit in the train and read for 45 minutes, then a 10-minute walk to the office.

Staple balls

posted on 6/8/09 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
Wake up, drag laptop into bed until I can be arsed to move.

Wander to computer via kitchen for bacon.

GrumpyOne

posted on 6/8/09 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bilbo
I get out of bed, go for a P, walk down one flights of stairs, stop by the kitchen for a cuppa, then sit down at my desk. 5 minutes from pillow to keyboard!

Get out of bed at 03:30am, get in the car and drive southbound on A46, then M1, M69, M6, M42 arriving at Birmingham Airport. Then, it's the red-eye to Schiphol (Amsterdam), then usually a little wait, followed by a cramped long haul flight to whichever part of the world my firm thinks I'm needed.
And don't think this jet set life is glamorous. Long hours, rubbish long flights (always in economy), dodgy taxi drivers, rubbish cheap hotels, and of course weeks away from home.

Snap, and you forgot to say it was a pain in the ar$e.

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

Madinventions

posted on 6/8/09 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
In the tintop:
A140 south to A14, then keep going until you get to Woolpit. 12 miles, 17 minutes.

In the Mojo:
Every single backlane I can find without leaving the county of Suffolk until arriving at Woolpit. Usually Stowmarket, Haughley, Elmswell, Woolpit. All with an enormous grin and an eye on the weather! Up to about 50 miles and as long as it takes. Sod it if I'm late! At least I enjoyed the drive.

Ed.

Andi

posted on 6/8/09 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Its only a 4 mile journey for me.
4 miles and 28 traffic lights, which if God aint smiling will all be on red tripling the journey time.
Then there`s the 20mph crew that drive neck and neck in both lanes
I feel my blood pressures up just thinking about it.

eccsmk

posted on 6/8/09 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
go for a pee, get out of bed (doh!) down the stairs for a shower
go make a brew damn no sugar
then go sit at my desk realise i should have been on site an hour ago
get in the van run out of diesel
get to the job forget the bits i need
get back in the van down to the merchants
bits out of stock
go back home forgotten the sugar
open a beer crawl back into bed

Richard Quinn

posted on 6/8/09 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
A41, M53, M56, M6 to J25, A49 -> Wigan (what a joy!)
rallyingden

posted on 6/8/09 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Reverse turn out of drive
90 right..... cut
90 right .....dont cut
900 flat
90 right .... dont cut
400 flat
90 left.... dont cut
Insert card to open finish barrier

I should really use a bike

RD

[Edited on 6/8/09 by rallyingden]

Coose

posted on 6/8/09 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Anywhere from trying to negotiate the stairs as far as the living room, right through to actually walking out the front door to drive to an airport to fly to Jersey or the Isle of Man, to driving to the south coast or up to Scotlandshire....

Spin 'er off Well...

jollygreengiant

posted on 6/8/09 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyOne
quote:
Originally posted by bilbo

Snap, and you forgot to say it was a pain in the ar$e.

Pah, you think thats a pain in the Ar$3, you should try the half hour queue for Luton airport drop off between the hours of 06:00 and 10:00.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

spdpug98

posted on 6/8/09 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
quote:

Might have seen you tooling about in that case I'd be in the bright red passat, usually in a hurry

BTW - what do you do?

That's the thing with Passat's everyone owns one, like you I am usually in a hurry!!

I'm a Project Manager who carries out pub refurbishments etc, involves lots of beer

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

nick205

posted on 7/8/09 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
quote:

BTW - what do you do?

That's the thing with Passat's everyone owns one, like you I am usually in a hurry!!

I'm a Project Manager who carries out pub refurbishments etc, involves lots of beer

Aye they don't exactly stand out in the crowd do they

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.