Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Mrs...not impressed
Dangle_kt

posted on 23/5/10 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Mrs...not impressed

Been into bikes since way before I met my wife, she's never really been into my hobbies.

A year or two ago she said she liked the idea of doing a supercar trackday or similar - that started the thought process that led to me building a kit car - supercar (ish) performance on a shoestring - and its mine. Safer than bike etc.

Got car built, registered and her on the ins in Novemeber.

Since then she hasn't been out - but I wanted to wait till it was warm enough so she didn't moan and not like it.

Finally took her out today - she didn;t say much.

She gave me a really fake - "its good" and then obviously realised it sounded lame and through in a..."you must be really proud?"

Guess thats another hobby the mrs won't be sharing.

[Edited on 23/5/10 by Dangle_kt]

Paul TigerB6

posted on 23/5/10 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Ah well - consider her as ballast that'd slow your car down anyway so no great loss!!!

I assume she doesn't read LCB anyway!!

Moorron

posted on 23/5/10 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
My missus is the same, always moaning about this and that. I took her up to wrexham the other day, keeping my driving like a granny but all she did was complain. Too cold when at 60 mph and too hot when we slow down. Every right hand corner i got told off for going to fast and she thought she was going to fall out.

God help her if i ever drove like i should have!

Atleast you can eye up the other girls when out on your own.

[Edited on 23/5/10 by Moorron]

keith777

posted on 23/5/10 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Know exactly how you feel,I bought my car in November and took it straight up to scotland,took my missus up this weekend to see it-wouldn't even sit in it!When I explained it was built from sierra parts she said "why didn't you just buy a sierra"
blakep82

posted on 23/5/10 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, they do that...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

David Jenkins

posted on 23/5/10 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
My missus gets annoyed if I go for a drive without her in the passenger seat! She loves travelling in it.

bi22le

posted on 23/5/10 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
yeah im lucky. My lady loves the car and always asks to come out for drives. She like the idea of wearing wet weather gear and going away for long drives even if its raining, even im not fond of that idea!
I feel sorry for you fellas that have moody women i feel proud seeing my ladies hair waving in the wind out of the corner of my eye when driving.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

MakeEverything

posted on 23/5/10 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Mine thinks that mine is a bottomless mony pit piece of shit!

AAdmittedly it doesnt look much at the moment, but im working on it!

She wouldnt go ou in the dutton, and probably wont go out in this. As above, at least you can eye up the women on your own!!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

ashg

posted on 23/5/10 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
my other half doesn't mind coming out in the roadster. she has worked out that i usually go to nice places like the beach, fish and chip runs etc.

the first time i took her out was intentionally before i fitted the aero screen. i then fitted it and took her out without saying a word. the first comment of the journey was. "that new thingey stops the wind a lot doesnt it"

she wasnt fond of the building part but she is quite happy now its done. especially because her the dog and i make more of an effort to go out places on the weekends as an excuse to use the car.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

MakeEverything

posted on 23/5/10 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
my other half doesn't mind coming out in the roadster. she has worked out that i usually go to nice places like the beach, fish and chip runs etc.

the first time i took her out was intentionally before i fitted the aero screen. i then fitted it and took her out without saying a word. the first comment of the journey was. "that new thingey stops the wind a lot doesnt it"

she wasnt fond of the building part but she is quite happy now its done. especially because her the dog and i make more of an effort to go out places on the weekends as an excuse to use the car.

Doesnt quite have the same appeal with two chickens and a rabbit (bunny type) though!!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

RazMan

posted on 23/5/10 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
I'm one of the lucky ones - my missus loves a long drive in the car .... as long as it's a dry day. She says she gets a kick out of the attention it gets on the road, and the fact that it can keep up with 'exotic' cars that cost many times what mine cost to build. She even came to the shows in the early days but draws the line at coming to the local meets - 'too many nerdy types who can talk for hours about engines'

I can't think who she is referring to

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 23/5/10 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
mine wants my car done more than i do at the minute
she also wants me to get a skyline. she's trying to ruin me, and i love it

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

niceperson709

posted on 23/5/10 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
Mine likes the car, in small doses, we went away recently and she was err less than impressed by 3and a half hours drive each way because she could not sleep in the car

Best wishes IAIN
life is not the rehearsal , it's the show so don't sit there thinking about it DO IT NOW
http://iainseven.wordpress.com/

Fozzie

posted on 23/5/10 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
Ah well .......

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

RK

posted on 23/5/10 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not even allowed to talk about mine anymore. She could come for a drive 5 metres to the end of the drive if she wanted, I don't see a problem.
A1

posted on 24/5/10 at 12:49 AM Reply With Quote
mine loves it, had her out in the snow, rain, everything. im just not allowed to go over 100 with her in it, so i sit at 99 to keep her happy

hard luck though, I think it really helps to have them on your side

vinny1275

posted on 24/5/10 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
Swmbo's been building ours with me......

coozer

posted on 24/5/10 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
Well, my missus thinks its a waste of f%&k'in money and would rather get the bus... so while she's doing what she does best, cooking, cleaning etc I can go out safe in the knowledge the dinner will be ready when I get back.

That's the way it is, and that's the way I like it

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

dan__wright

posted on 24/5/10 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
the Mrs loves going out in mine, was going to pop out to pick something up so though i would take the indy, she got a bit of a grump that i didn't ask her at first.

ive let her drive it a few times, started on a quiet industrial estate then ventured out onto a main road that links it to town, she took it nice and steady.
did the same another day, but one she got one to the main road she planted it!

[Edited on 24/5/10 by dan__wright]

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 24/5/10 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
My daughter and her fight to go out with me ....considering they both do Karate is a bit dangerous.

In fact I regulary get sent to the garage to work on it

lotusmadandy

posted on 24/5/10 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
My missus hates the sight of mine.She came out once when she needed to go to the shops,when the tin top was in dock.
She said then that she hated it

Andy

[Edited on 24/5/10 by lotusmadandy]

welderman

posted on 24/5/10 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
Went to a wedding on Saturday in mine with the Mrs, bags, suit dress etc, stayed over then back home in it, she now wants one, so on the look out for a cheap 7 type car m(boot space), she said the fury is too rounded and cant see the end !, lol.

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

Vindi_andy

posted on 24/5/10 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
My missus gets annoyed if I go for a drive without her in the passenger seat! She loves travelling in it.

Mine doesnt so much get annoyed as jealous especially on days like saturday when I took tango to trev d's and she was stuck in a theatre with my daughters dance school.

Shes a bit reticent when its cold or wet but loves it in the sun and the attention it gets. she also helped build it and did the upholstery for me.

The kids love it too fortunately having 4 seats we dont have arguments over who gets to go out with me, and they helped in the build by passing tools etc.

I have a built in speed regulator when the wife is out with me. I get to 90-95ish and theres this voice beside me goes "thats fast enough".

She has tried driving it but we couldnt get the seat far enough forward. I think if I manage to get that sorted she might fancy another go at driving it.

55ant

posted on 24/5/10 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
I wish swmbo liked it, she thinks its a crap shack that i just throw money at. so much so i have put it round at my aunts just round the corner and never mention it, whenever i do all she sais is how much its worth, how much i spend on it and how i could sell it and put the money in a savings account. she has little interest in anything i do, got back from a 128 bike ride recently, first thing she said to me as i walked in the door is 'can you do the washing up' in that question/order tone they all have.

maybe i should make her come out in it, or make something for it. i dunno. she likes the 600 quid sh#t heap mondeo. we use that more than her brand new car.

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

welderman

posted on 24/5/10 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
Dangle, get your arse up here and well go out for a drive, Wednesday

Joe

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.