Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 6'3" in a Luego Velocity XT?
mikeb

posted on 19/8/10 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
6'3" in a Luego Velocity XT?

Thinking of Leugo Velocity to get me building again. I prefer its proportions to the Viento. I'm 6'3" will I fit in one, was the chassis based on the original locost chassis. Is the XT IRS?
Thanks

Mike

Doofus

posted on 19/8/10 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
I had a Velicity for 5 years.
I'm 6'3" (more with heels)
Originally I had Cobra seats which were ok but swapped to MK GRP seats and got a lot more leg room because you sat further back.
I had the roll bar raised because with cobras my head was too far above the bar but a std bar was ok when you sat lower in GRP seats.

I did 2 trips to Belgium in it and one to Wales. Comfort was ok but could never get my knees low enough to be truly comfortable. Comfy enough to go places though.

Depending on your engine you might like to inquire with Luego about moving the pedals forward???
Stretching the chassis didn't seem like a great idea as I'd not have been able to reach the wheel then

The chassis was essentially locost book dims but with IRS.

Paul.

mikeb

posted on 19/8/10 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Are they a better kit than a robin hood and hence worth more if nicely finished on resale?
Thanks for the info btw

M

jollygreengiant

posted on 19/8/10 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Have a word with Johnny5 on here, he's local-ish (Rothwell/Desborough ish) and has got a velocity on the road (pinto engine). I live In Higham and have got a Viento (2.0i pinto), Percy lives (Rover V8 Viento) local too.

All you need to do is ask and I'm sure that you could have some trial fits.

Oh and I'm 6' 4".

[Edited on 19/8/10 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

mikeb

posted on 19/8/10 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
thanks I'll get in touch and give you a shout if I get building again. My sis lives in higham.
alexg1965

posted on 19/8/10 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
I had an XT and am 6'1" tall. I found that with the cobra seven seats originally supplied by luego that my knees were too close to the steering wheel (even with a small d-shaped wheel). In the end I bought a kirkey aluminium seat with a much more upright back that could be placed further back and made a huge difference as it moved my bum back but kept my shoulders roughly in the same position. It was also much lighter than the first seats,never a bad thing. And they are cheaper too.
interestedparty

posted on 19/8/10 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikeb
Are they a better kit than a robin hood and hence worth more if nicely finished on resale?

Every kit I can think of will fetch more than a Robin Hood on resale.

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

phil4521

posted on 22/8/10 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
I am 6ft 6inches- the only thing that fit me was Viento- with no seats it- just foam -its low and long enough...
wilkingj

posted on 22/8/10 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Viento is the way to go.

Downside is its more expensive to start.
However, its a once off cost (the extra over a Velocity), which pays dividends in comfort every single time you drive it.
You wouldnt regret it.

After you have spent the best part of 2 years building your car, you dont want to be thinking... "I wish I had spent that little bit more to get what I reall needed, just to be comfortable".

I dont regret it and I am only 5ft 10"
I couldnt get out of the smaller cars, as I am a Bat Fastard, and have no upper body strength to raise myself up to get out easily. Getting in was a doddle... Phloop... and I was in!

Think long and hard about this.
I am sure there are enough Viento owners your way who will drop by or who you can visit to check the size out etc.

Last resort, pop over to Cambridge, and I'll take you out, weather permitting

PS... My Son is 6ft 6 and 22 Stone, and fits in my Viento just fine.
I have Cobra 7 seats, not the best seats, but they have done me well for 4 years now.

You also get a choice of wider seats in a Viento over a Velocity, just something else to think about!
Cheers

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mikeb

posted on 24/8/10 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
There was actually an auction for a part build velocity xt, I went to have a look but wasn't happy with it so I could be building a haynes from scratch.,
Thanks for the comments

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.