Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: what class/events would my car fit into.
StrikerChris

posted on 18/9/10 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
what class/events would my car fit into.

Just curiosity really,I tried to build the roll cage etc to msa regs incase I ever came into money and could have a POP at a race,time trial etc without too many mods.struggling to make sense of all the different events,series etc.(i follow grass track and their classes are idiot proof!)
It's a striker with 2 litre turbo,which I'm guessing narrows it down to hillclimbs etc.
Once I know what to look for ill get out and spectate!

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeLR

posted on 18/9/10 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Why dont you get down to Loton Park Hillclimb next weekend,not too far from away from you.
see entry list for competitors from Wrexham. see link -
www.hdlcc.com/Events/

StrikerChris

posted on 18/9/10 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers,I'll have a trip if im free
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 18/9/10 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
750mc allcomers?

Regs for that are simply:
1. The driver must be a member of the 750 Motor Club.
2. The car must not be a single-seater.
3. The car must comply with the relevant sections of current MSA regulations J, K & Q.

[Edited on 18/9/10 by loggyboy]

procomp

posted on 20/9/10 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

4. Car must also be entered into one of the championships run by the 750Mc. Although if they are low on cars for the allcommers they may accept it. But grids are usually full.

Ill U2U you contact details for Robin Knight ( 750Mc competition secretary ) who will give you the definitive answer.

Cheers Matt

TimC

posted on 20/9/10 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi

4. Car must also be entered into one of the championships run by the 750Mc.

Its not often I disagree with you Matt, but I think you're wrong on that - I'm sure I remember reading something recently in the Bulletin or on the website that was very contrary to that - encouraging runners from defunct series such as Roadstport Westfields (which apparently was once a 750MC formula?)

I think 1,2,&3 is sufficient.

procomp

posted on 20/9/10 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

For all comers i had to register in one of the championships to run in the all comers at Snett last year. As i say this may not always be the case if the grids are not full.

The new Kit regulations ( 2011 ) are whats offering a chance for Caterhams and the Westfield championship cars to run with the Kit championship. There's also a new class D for most other Kitcars not complying specifically with the regulations. But i am sure that they exclude forced induction. All will become clearer with that upon release of the 2011 regulations once finalised.

Cheers Matt

loggyboy

posted on 20/9/10 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Matt you need to brush on your home work. Either that or 750 need to update their website:

http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/uploaded/2010%20Allcomers%20series.pdf

quote:
These races are not restricted to drivers entered in another race at that meeting although if they
are, they will get a discounted entry fee. There is no registration fee but drivers must be or
become 750 Motor Club members.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.