Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: LocostBuilders Le Mans trip
ChrisW

posted on 26/9/10 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
LocostBuilders Le Mans trip

Just wondered, as it's about time to book tickets for next year, if there was enough interest to get an LB trip to Le Mans going.

I'm planning on going again next year with a group of about 10, but the more the merrier!

Cost last year was £160 per person, based on 2 people per car. That covered camp site, race entry and ferry. On top of that will be food, 800 miles of petrol, £40-ish in tolls, and beer fund. It's possible to do it cheaper, but we stay on the 'best' campsite with real toilet/shower blocks (not portacabins!), hot water, electric hookup, etc.

The race is June 11th and 12th. We plan to go down the Thursday before (9th) and come back on Monday 13th.

Any interest, reply please. We don't have much time... need to get the tickets booked!

Chris

[Edited on 9/26/2010 by ChrisW]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 27/9/10 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
So tempted

dhutch

posted on 27/9/10 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
I'll speak to a few people and look into this, nearly went this year and called it off at the last minute to go to germany with the car instead. Ill get back to you shortly.

Daniel

vinny1275

posted on 27/9/10 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
I went for the first time this year, with a group of 6 in 2 cars - was a brilliant experience that we'll defo do again - not sure if we can afford 2011 tho...

Chris, which campsite do you stay in? We were in Karting Nord (didn't book till Jan), which was OK except for the massive house party going on next to us on Thursday, and people setting fire to bins on the Sunday night....

jossey

posted on 27/9/10 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
i would be up for it but i wont have my car working so it woudl tin top or car share for me.

Count me in.

dave j

lincs

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 27/9/10 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
We always go for Houx. It's a little more expensive which tends to keep the idiots out. Plus it has better facilities - proper brick built toilet/shower blocks, electric hookup (free) and plenty of taps dotted around.

Don't get me wrong, it's hardly quiet by anyone's standards, but it's a little more sensible than the carnage of karting, bleu, etc.

Chris

stevebubs

posted on 27/9/10 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
When the weather's nice, there's not much to beat a car park like this...

Le Mans Car Park
Le Mans Car Park

Le Mans c. 2003; some cars missing...

[Edited on 27/9/10 by stevebubs]

ChrisW

posted on 30/9/10 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
So... is anyone up for this then??

Chris

ReMan

posted on 30/9/10 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Is your "group" all boys Chris or are wags in?
ChrisW

posted on 30/9/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Last year it was 8 guys and 1 girl (my mrs). The year before 7 and 2.

I'm told there are two other girls coming this year, so I guess WAGs are allowed... as long as they don't take life too seriously!

Chris

ReMan

posted on 30/9/10 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Well she's not adverse to the no roof or windscreen BEC and is well practiced at wine Not a bad old girl I suppose
Will get back.

Fozzie

posted on 30/9/10 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Last year it was 8 guys and 1 girl (my mrs). The year before 7 and 2.

I'm told there are two other girls coming this year, so I guess WAGs are allowed... as long as they don't take life too seriously!

Chris

'One' could take great exception there ....

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

ChrisW

posted on 30/9/10 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, ok.... 'HAB's are allowed too

Chris

Fozzie

posted on 1/10/10 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Ok, ok.... 'HAB's are allowed too

Chris

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

laptoprob

posted on 2/10/10 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate, i`m possibly interested along with another Tiger owner.
Sorry for my ignorance but is this a convoy of kit cars or are most dragging them along on a trailer??
Cheers,
rob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlF4nWJtGA

ChrisW

posted on 4/10/10 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Replied to your u2u, but copying here for the sake of others:

Nobody from our group trailers their cars, but at the same time, it's mainly sports and performance rather than kits in our group up to now. Last year we had:

My Audi A6 Le Mans
TVR Tuscan 2
BMW M5
Integra Type R
Fiesta ST150
BMW M3
Clio 182

I might take the MR2 again this year - haven't decided yet. Main consideration is if we can get someone along with a 'support vehicle'. Trying to persuade my Dad and Brother-in-law to come down in Dad's Merc Vito which would solve that problem!

Chris

laptoprob

posted on 4/10/10 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm sounds like a plan mate. I will give it some consideration.

Thanks,
Rob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlF4nWJtGA

ChrisW

posted on 4/10/10 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Had a bit of a ring-round last night.

The guy with the Tuscan isn't sure yet, he muttered something about getting leave from work.

The guys with the Integra, Clio and Fiesta ST are all up for it again. Should be 6 of them with 3 cars.

M5 is a definite. He's bringing the M3 guys, but they're not sure which car yet. Another of their mates has a Merc 190 Cosworth so they might go in that.

Me and the Mrs are going in either the Audi or the MR2.

Plus the passenger in the Tuscan last year wants to drive himself this year. He's got a supercharged Exige converted to soft top.

I'm told a couple of the girlfriends want to come along this year, but waiting to hear exactly who. Either way there should be some female company if anyone wants to bring their other halves. Fozzie (and others) excluded!

I also believe Conrod John from this very site is up for it too this year, but not spoken to him about it for a couple of weeks.

Either way, we've got a crew wanting to go. It's just a case of how big the group becomes!

dhutch

posted on 7/10/10 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
Our spring company shut down is annoyingly the week before the week in question and there limited flexibility but im very keen to get down to LeMans and i have one week in sept i can take flexibility so i will make some inquiries asap and take it from there.

If i do come it will be me and a mate (not sure which yet) in the kitcar.

Daniel

ChrisW

posted on 9/12/10 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Last chance on this one, guys, as I have to pay the last batch of ticket deposits tomorrow. Group size is currently 15, but expecting at least one more to pay up tonight. Age range 24 to 36, plus my Dad at 60.

£180 each, based on two sharing a car. That's for camping on Houx, race ticket, ferry crossing. You need to budget another £100 each for 'essential' spending, plus 600 miles of fuel and whatever you'll use getting to Dover.

(The £100 includes tolls, food and the whip-round for other group essentials - bog roll, drinking water, coal, etc)

Payments are £65 up front for the ticket deposit, £115 balance before 15th January when I have to pay the balance of the tickets. I'll book the ferry then too.

I need deposits by 5pm tomorrow (Friday 10th Dec). u2u me for BACS details.

Cheers, Chris

AvonZX9R

posted on 15/3/11 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Dont know if any you are still going to Le Mans this year? This will be our groups 6th year and every year gets better as you discover 'the ways of Le Mans'!!

Our group has already booked and paid (Speedchills at Beausejour) so wont be camping with your group unfortunately. I will try and stop by though and say hello. What day/time are you making the crossing - we are on the 9.20am tunnel on the Thursday morning - maybe travelling down to Ashford on the Wed night. Be good to spot the fellow Locust Builders convoy!

We are going in my tin-top too as the annual downpour that has accompanied every trip to Le Sarthe puts me off taking the Tiger! Maybe next year......

Cheers, Rob

wheezy

posted on 19/5/11 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Are any of you planning to visit the Classic British Welcome at St Saturnin on Friday?

Dave

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.