Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Borehamwood Experiece...
phil4521

posted on 29/9/10 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Borehamwood Experiece...

Took Viento on trailer to Borehamwood DVLA centre yesterday to have VIN number checked post my IVA pass. 9am appointment- BEWARE learner drivers -all 12 of them in the car park with my trailer blocking 5 places! Chaos- and mostly young women trying reversing between the lines..

V helpful DVLA MILF came out with clipboard and told me she was 'inexperienced' in her capacity and "had I got an MOT yet" ? Seriously she did

She took a few details and said how much she liked the car and would like a ride...... I thought about this and thought better of it (but yes I defiantly would.... )

5 minutes later and I was done- I have heard from Paul Jessop that DVLA are piloting a scheme where the IVA VOSA boys do the whole thing- much too sensible and customer centric to be true me thinks but who knows......?

Anyway, should get my number and tax disc next few days and I am finally on the road!

Will post pics of the car then...

Bluemoon

posted on 29/9/10 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Must have been lucky my Borehamwood "experience" took 6months....
Hopefully things have improved?
Dan

stevegough

posted on 29/9/10 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bluemoon
Must have been lucky my Borehamwood "experience" took 6months....
Hopefully things have improved?
Dan

Sounds like his is going to take nearer 9 months......()

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

BenB

posted on 29/9/10 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yes of foolish optimism. They lull you into a false sense of trust before revealing their true incompetence and work avoidance skills.
interestedparty

posted on 29/9/10 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phil4521

V helpful DVLA MILF came out with clipboard and told me she was 'inexperienced' in her capacity and "had I got an MOT yet" ? Seriously she did

She took a few details and said how much she liked the car and would like a ride...... I thought about this and thought better of it (but yes I defiantly would.... )

I don't suppose anyone there ever googles "borehamwood dvla forum" just to see what people are saying about them, do you?

It's not there yet (I checked) but probably will be by tomorrow. And she knows where you live. Perhaps you will get another offer?

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

Blackbird Rush

posted on 29/9/10 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
I'm Off to Borhamwood tomorrow for 9.30am with the rush on the trailer was hoping that they would issue the number and tax disc whilst i was there?

Lets see if we can annoy some learner drivers then

Blackbird Rush

posted on 30/9/10 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Well been there today but fail to see the point of it all as the 'inspection' was laughable as all they did was check the chassis number and engine number, which have already been confirmed by the IVA tester.

The carpark is also a joke as its not suitable for a car towing a trailer, which is the only legal way you can take an unregistered car there for the 'inspection', only single spaces which were all full, originally i parked accross the lerner driver spaces but was told off for doing this, to which i replied no problem in that case where would you like me to park? this was then met with a shrug of the sholders, typical Gov official response!

[Edited on 30/9/10 by Blackbird Rush]

phil4521

posted on 13/10/10 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
So here I am 21 days after the inspection without a tax disk or number plate- the Borehamwood office are demanding a new VIN number as its a Q plate-?????? ridiculous wrong and I am fighting it- the sooner the Govt slashes this incompetence the better....

Come friendly bombs fall of B..........

interestedparty

posted on 14/10/10 at 05:27 AM Reply With Quote
Surely this thread should be in the IVA/Legal forum?

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

Blackbird Rush

posted on 14/10/10 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phil4521
So here I am 21 days after the inspection without a tax disk or number plate- the Borehamwood office are demanding a new VIN number as its a Q plate-?????? ridiculous wrong and I am fighting it- the sooner the Govt slashes this incompetence the better....

Come friendly bombs fall of B..........

That sucks, only took them a week to turn round my reg no. and tax disc from the inspection date , the day after yours.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.