Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Newark show
royrid

posted on 23/6/04 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
Newark show

After waiting too long for a part built project to turn up, i have bought a new MK indy deluxe kit on sunday {or rather Timcrasher persuaded me to!!}. Partly because i found out first hand how strong they are also!!! {video footage will be available shortly} Anyway, got all donor parts on monday, ie: 4x4 rear end, type 9 diesel box, 2ltr zetec, etc all for £200. Was going to go for a bike engine, but after hearing Tims hastles every day whilst he was building, i thought id,e go for an easier option!? Still if i get stuck, i can get Tim to do it!!!!!! Cheers for now got to go to work and bug Timcrasher.

timcrasher

posted on 23/6/04 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
I think you must be mistaking me for someone else, if you think I'm gonna build it for you.
The only reason you have bought one is that you have been so impressed with my god-like driving skills on the two occaisions you have had a lift. .

royrid

posted on 23/6/04 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
Driving God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Oops, how silly of me to have forgotten!! But don,t forget, Donington is fast approaching, and the festa ain,t dead yet. {and the oil leaks fixed} Still there is one concelatian! No roundabouts at Donny!!.
spunky

posted on 23/6/04 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
IMHO a good choice Roy, certainly tough cars. Cant fault the engine choice either, dont think BEC's present more build 'problems' just different ones! They do take some getting used to though.

Tims defence.
I may be wrong but hasn't Tim got a 3.14 diff installed... very easy to loose traction on a greasy road with that gearing. Easy mistake to make. Anyone would have done the same...

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

Hellfire

posted on 23/6/04 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah. If its any consolation Tim, the back end of ours stepped out on the same roundabout on the way to meeting up.

Roy, look forward to seeing yours at Huddersfield in August then (Great Northern Kit Car Show)

timcrasher

posted on 23/6/04 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, Spunky and Hellfire the backhander's in the post.
Just been out for another run up the bypass and back to check things are ok. I accelerated passed a car in fifth gear and the rear wheels just lit up on a damp bit .
I had a sense of deja vu.
Roy: I'm read for Donnington on the 5th, are you ? Or is you trusty rusty festa still subsidising the Saudi oil companies?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.