Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Archery for beginners
carlknight1982

posted on 25/8/13 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Archery for beginners

I know there are a few air gunners on here, just wondering if there are any archers? I'm looking to get involved just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect first hand

Logic will get you from a A to B
Imagination will take you everywhere.

David Jenkins

posted on 25/8/13 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
If you go to a decent club they'll sort you out without problems - most have a few fibreglass bows for beginners, and they'll pick a bow to suit your stature and strength, with arrows of the correct length to match the bow.

I used to do archery many years ago - it's an enjoyable sport and in most places the people are friendly. It can get expensive if your skills improve to the point where you want to do serious competition, but there's plenty of scope to have fun without spending a heap of money.

trextr7monkey

posted on 25/8/13 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Carl
My brother in law and niece do it and are heaviy involved in a club where he is a coach and that is definitely the way to go, as pointed out above, only problem might be finding somewhere that hasn't got a waiting list as it appears to be enjoying a lot of interest and growth in post Olympic Britain, atb
Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

SteveMX5

posted on 25/8/13 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Best advice I can give is to do a beginners course as its all to easy to get into very bad habits (guess how I know!). Have a look at archeryGB website there's a list of clubs on there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.