New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bleedin' Community Support Officers
spunky

posted on 4/12/06 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Bleedin' Community Support Officers

Just picked up a parking ticket while dropping off a DVD at Blockbusters

Some community support that is....

John

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

Peteff

posted on 4/12/06 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Were you parked on the pavement outside like they do round here? You'd think it would kill some people to walk the 100yds from the car park.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

MikeR

posted on 4/12/06 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
can i help support the girl in your avatar???

please?

I'll pay the parking fine

spunky

posted on 4/12/06 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
Were you parked on the pavement outside like they do round here? You'd think it would kill some people to walk the 100yds from the car park.

Nope, on a little side road cul de sac, for loading/unloading.
Kinda figured that dropping off a DVD was unloading

John

mistergrumpy

posted on 4/12/06 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Kinda figured that dropping off a DVD was unloading

And guess what my job is? Kinda split, its not exactly 'bonding' with your community ticketing them is it?

caber

posted on 4/12/06 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
If you simply dropped the DVD and returned immediately to the car then you were unloading so contest the ticket. If you had to wait to give it back then it was not unloading a pre arranged delivery therefore you are nicked my son!

caber

mistergrumpy

posted on 4/12/06 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Up to 21 days to pay or contest it if its the same as the others. If it definitely was a PCSO who issued it then you would be hard pushed in court as they'll be ultra mad keen as its not summat they get to do often so they'll be practising writing their statement over and over and have it double checked dropping in a few 'key' words. I can't really help as we're not allowed to issue them in Greater Manchester, for the reason above, you'd be overly alienating your community. And thats a Traffic Wardens job

owelly

posted on 4/12/06 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
"Congratulations sonny, You're my 98th van driver I've nicked today for not wearing a seatbelt".
The PCSO who nabbed me was barely 4' tall and had the worlds biggest coat on! It cost me a £30 fine and my tea was cold when I got home but I s'pose one £30 ticket in 17years driving isn't too bad and it was entirely my fault as I wasn't wearing my seat belt!! But I wasn't driving a van...........

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 4/12/06 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Well to me it sort of makes sense. You were wrong and have been nicked.
Personally I think a warning would have been more community spirited.
On the other hand I suspect they've (wardens) been put in place to supplement the governments lack of proper beat police at a lower wage. Said wage has to be paid for (by the motorist now there's a surprise).
As for generating community spirit there's no chance that you will be of that mind now is there.
So when a group of thugs are kicking the poo out of them and you witness it will you be inclined to help, out or even stand up in court
I'd imagine you'd say NO EFFING WAY.
As an aside locally here I know of a couple of guys who've had letters warning of seatbelt wearing and parking restrictions. So presumeably the wardens have access to all the info that the plod have???
Rant over.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

paulf

posted on 4/12/06 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
I recently had a incident of youths throwing stones at house windows in my area.I chased the youths and caught one and made him take me to the others homes , as i didnt know what to do short of battering him i called the police. I was suprised to have a car turn up with in 10 mins but it was 2 community support officers. They dealt with the kids that I had caught but then told me I shouldnt have chased them and should have left it to them. When i asked what they could have done basically they said not a lot as they are not supposed to chase anyone either and were not equipped to do so.
They were however very gratefull that I had caught the culprits as they had been having problems for some time in the area.
It seems as if they are a token gesture to make it look as if policing has been increased when the properly qualified officers numbers has been reduced however they do seem to have a usefull presence in the area whereas there was never a police officer to be seen previously.
Paul.

Kook

posted on 5/12/06 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah my mum lives in Newark and the parking problem around that Blockbusters can be a nightmare think thats why they are cracking down.

spunky

posted on 5/12/06 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
If I thought I could get some milage out of it I would contest it, but signage says loading/unloading between 4pm and 10am.
I was there for 7 mins...

As an aside, saw a young lady (read Vicky Pollard) get rummbled shoplifting in Grantham Asda last night. 4 CSO arrived to detain her while they waited for another 2 regular cops to arrive and charge her.... Now thats efficient policing

John

mistergrumpy

posted on 5/12/06 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
PCSO's have no power of detention only the power of requiring a person to wait for up to 30 minutes. Which if not complied with will result in an arrest..by a police officer. So yeah I see your point.

DIY Si

posted on 5/12/06 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
So, what can they actually do should , for example, a fight kick off? Are they able to do some sort of citizens arrest at all?

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

mistergrumpy

posted on 5/12/06 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Nope. You lose the right of a citizens arrest. If the persons taking a real kicking then its up to you if you want to try and stop it but you must use reasonable force. The thing being, here in Greater Manchester, we have lost the right to use reasonable force so although I've been assured that I will be backed up if I have to break summat up, its a little contradictory eh? You're supposed to just call for an officer on the radio and hope your presence wil stop everything.

spunky

posted on 6/12/06 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
FFS

AAAARGH.........

Good week this one.

Just collected another parking ticket.

Dropped a squash racket off to the Landlord of my local. Keys still in car and door open, came out after less than a minute to find the b@astard writing a ticket. Asked him politely not to waste his ink as I was leaving.... 'Too late' his reply.

Always kinda supported the cops, despite the unnecesary tax levied against motorists, but thats me done with them. Wouldn't p!ss down their throats if their lungs were burning.

mistergrumpy

posted on 6/12/06 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
PCSO? If so he could always void it, never too late but means filling forms in for him when he gets back. To be honest though, not starting a fight, I would've learnt to stop parking where I shouldn't, no matter to lthe length of time. Feel free to tell me to flick off though, I know its irritating.

spunky

posted on 6/12/06 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
Not a PCSO this time. this was a bona fide sh!t eating pig...

What annoyed me most was he was trying to be nice and chatty while he wrote the ticket. As they seem hell bent on being universally despised by motorists, dont bother trying to be pleasant, it doesn't wash...

Asked him if he would just write it as I was in a rush, 'wont be a minute sir just getting the number' told him they were false plates anyway as it was a stolen car...
His reply to that was 'oh we're not bothered about that'.

I guess the millions raised by scameras and traps doesn't pay for the Christmas party at Newark po...LICE station.

Yeah you're right Mistergrumpy, what I should do in future is just stop the car in the middle of the road, flick on the hazards and leave it, if i'm gonna be a while, pop the bonnet for added effect, maybe even get the triangle out the boot...

[Edited on 6/12/06 by spunky]

mistergrumpy

posted on 6/12/06 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote

Gav

posted on 6/12/06 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
I thought you got 15 minutes delivery grace no matter where you parked?

Aboardman

posted on 6/12/06 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
i thought if you drove away before the ticket was placed on the windscreen the ticket was not valid, therefore you should of just got in a drove off instead of talking to him.
Peteff

posted on 6/12/06 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Keys still in car and door open, came out after less than a minute to find the b@astard writing a ticket.

If you'd done that round here you'd have come back to an empty space where the car had been I think he did you a favour.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

mistergrumpy

posted on 6/12/06 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
No no, don't do that. If you drive off on a police officer, you will be in the sh!t big time. With any of my tickets, though we don't do parking ones,if you leg it your address is traced and its just posted and if I asked for your name and address and you wouldn't give it, the police would just come and carry you off again.

spunky

posted on 6/12/06 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aboardman
i thought if you drove away before the ticket was placed on the windscreen the ticket was not valid, therefore you should of just got in a drove off instead of talking to him.

That worked with traffic wardens so i'm told, the ticket had to be attached to the vehicle or handed to the driver before it became valid.

I was just gonna pay the first one, as i've never had a parking ticket before. But this has irked me some, gonna do a spot of research and contest them both now. Got nowt else to do at the moment and I quite enjoy legal paper play.
Just finished toying with my previous employer, who eventually settled out of court, so need something to amuse me.

omega 24 v6

posted on 6/12/06 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

if I asked for your name and address and you wouldn't give it, the police would just come and carry you off again.

Well well I stand corrected.
You mean the police do turn up when you call for them and it's not a life threatening urgent call

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.